Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Components and Libraries for Networking Development, discussions, problems and suggestions
  • Page:

TOPIC:

RealThinClient SDK: how about to include it? 11 years 2 months ago #3150

• L_G_
  • L_G_'s Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Many thanks to CodeTyphon maintainers for great work and for support of free software!

I saw RTC SDK as very useful and stable set of Delphi/FPC components for three-tier database systems, remote functions, Web servers and Web clients.
I can't judge perfectly, what forum category is suited best for it -- Database, Networking, or Web development -- but decided to post here.
Official site contains many information about these components: www.realthinclient.com/about.htm

Early versions of these components were published under open source licenses. Last of them was version 3.32.
For proof, this is quote from project history, www.realthinclient.com/files/updates3.html :

* RTC SDK 3.30

1) License updated to Free BSD (least restrictive license available).

Later, from version 3.34 and on, author of these components (Danijel Tkalcec) decided to restrict product license and removed latest free versions from download area of his site.
The last free version left is 2.85, it is available on sourceforge.net/projects/rtcsdk/
This version is neither UnicodeString-compartible nor FPC-compartible.

But you can find some of more recent and advanced versions with Free BSD license on the Web if you try to search for "RealThinClient_SDK33" or "RealThinClient_SDK332" strings. These versions includes support for Delphi >= 2009 and for FPC/Lazarus. No doubt for me, anyone still may use and distribute it under license that supplied within the archive, i.e. freely.

So I want to suggest CodeTyphon team to consider this component pack for inclusion into your awesome distributive.
If it is possible and if it may be useful for CodeTyphon users, of course.

Good luck!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by L_G_.

RealThinClient SDK: how about to include it? 11 years 2 months ago #3151

• gorkamorka
  • Thank you received: 2
Years ago i played with rtcSDK for Lazarus with the free version..time to time want to install the rtcSDK again but never succeed.i had to many errors at compiling.now ı understand the issue.i used the sourgeforce download.Today after i saw your post i grab the 3 version and try to install and have only 3 errors.. two of them is not importand ( ctld3d for control drawing etc ) the other one was in http server ( i dont want to use this feature ).when i rebuild the ide a have a error again but i know solving the error is easy for the fantastic CT team.

rtcSDK is a really super package..i attached the 3.32 free version.

File Attachment:

File Name: realthinclient.zip
File Size:1,884 KB

RealThinClient SDK: how about to include it? 11 years 2 months ago #3152

• gorkamorka
  • Thank you received: 2
i forgot to say ; i just commented out the 3 lines with error on compiling and tried to install.

• Page: