Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
CodeTyphon MS Windows (Win7, Win8.x, Win10 and Win11) OS Development, discussions and problems
  • Page:

TOPIC:

What is the difference between running from IDE and without IDE? 2 months 1 week ago #18302

• Roman
  • Roman's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
My application works when launched in the IDE, but crashes when launched normally. The build mode does not affect work in the IDE; the application launches successfully in both debug and release modes. Similarly, the application crashes when launched normally, regardless of the build mode.

What could be the difference in launch? Where to look for the problem?

I spent a lot of time on development, being sure that the application worked... But it turned out that it only works in the IDE...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

What is the difference between running from IDE and without IDE? 2 months 1 week ago #18303

• Matis A.
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 149
Please, 
give us more info about your app.

- A similar project for tests ?
- What Libraries your app use
- What Components your app use
- etc
PilotLogic Core Programmer

What is the difference between running from IDE and without IDE? 2 months 1 week ago #18304

• Roman
I have a large project for controlling external devices - relays, contactors, etc. I use an Advantech ADC with which I work through an imported type library and ActiveX components that use OLE. Additionally, I use the serial port for various I/O.

I very much suspect that the problem lies in the operation of OLE, but I can’t understand why when launched in the IDE everything works fine, but when launched “from Explorer” the application crashes? I look at my logs - the ADC works fine several dozen times, and then crashes asymptomatically. no error messages, no logged exceptions... nothing!

The Windows problem log writes that the application terminated with error 0xc00000005 - what this means is not clear.

What is the difference between running from IDE and without IDE? 2 months 1 week ago #18305

• Matis A.
  • Away
Please look here  for MS-Windows error 0xc00000005 

Last edit: by Matis A..

What is the difference between running from IDE and without IDE? 2 months 1 week ago #18306

• Roman
To my regret, the help from Microsoft is equivalent to zero: it is obvious that absolutely any problem can be said to be related to incorrect behavior of the program...

My question was different: what is the difference between running a program from IDE and without IDE? After all, my project works in IDE!

What is the difference between running from IDE and without IDE? 2 months 1 week ago #18307

• Matis A.
  • Away
How to help you, with out source code ? 
I have only MS-Windows error 0xc00000005 

We are 3 core programmers now in our LAB, how to help you.

Last edit: by Matis A..

What is the difference between running from IDE and without IDE? 2 months 1 week ago #18308

• Roman
I apologize for disturbing you, but I also really appreciate your attempts to help me!

Tell me how the application launches in IDE, how does this launch differ from how the application launches in Windows?

I think the problem with my application can be discovered if I can figure out what the difference is between the two ways to run it. After all, even a release build (i.e. without debugging information, runtime error monitoring, etc.) WORKS when launched from IDE, but when Windows is launched it does not work! Obviously, the problem is in the peculiarities of the start.

What is the difference between running from IDE and without IDE? 2 months 1 week ago #18309

• Vlad Wilhelm
  • Thank you received: 2
Roman, good day!
I have a thought... It may be wrong...
If you create a COM server in a separate thread and forget to initialize the OLE structure service environment in its body, the situation will be exactly as you described. At least, my long-term experience of developing in Delphi for Windows testifies to this :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: Roman

What is the difference between running from IDE and without IDE? 2 months 1 week ago #18310

• Vlad Wilhelm
  • Thank you received: 2
Oh! I forgot about the MAIN question!
The difference (in my case) was that the debugger itself performed some routine operations :)
It’s true that it was during the time of Windows 2k :)

Last edit: by Vlad Wilhelm.

What is the difference between running from IDE and without IDE? 2 months 1 week ago #18311

• Roman

Roman, good day!
I have a thought... It may be wrong...
If you create a COM server in a separate thread and forget to initialize the OLE structure service environment in its body, the situation will be exactly as you described. At least, my long-term experience of developing in Delphi for Windows testifies to this :)
Thank you very much! You've given me an idea... I probably don't have it exactly right, but now I have a direction to look.

• Page: