Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
CodeTyphon MS Windows (Win7, Win8.x, Win10 and Win11) OS Development, discussions and problems
  • Page:

TOPIC:

hmm crash 9 years 6 months ago #6006

• gulyone
  • gulyone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5
CT 5.0 32 bits on win seven 64bits = if you debug your project and try to pop up the disassembly window then ... crash! I guess it also happens in other windows config?!

I need that assembly support for some project and I would also suggest to add a "set disassembly-flavor intel"
to the debugging config page because on windows systems the .gdbinit file is not loaded at startup of GDB and you must setup that switch by launching an ini file in CT debug option using --xt or something like that.. AND that pops up each time an anoying box saying config as changed when you run your program"

visualgdb.com/gdbreference/commands/set_disassembly-flavor

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by gulyone.

hmm crash 9 years 6 months ago #6007

• Sternas Stefanos
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D
  • Thank you received: 1101
Thanks Sir
we will try to make this
PilotLogic Architect and Core Programmer

hmm crash 9 years 6 months ago #6022

• gulyone
  • gulyone's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5
suggestion if it can help you =

1) write a PilotLogic "typhongdb.ini' file in ROOT directory of typhon installation

2) when typhon invokes GDB, make it this way 'gdb -ex \ROOTdir\typhongdb.ini'

into that typhongdb.ini file put all startup switches and precommands for gdb, like 'set disassembly-flavor att' or 'intel'

3) remove the popup dialog that apears when you do it manually 'gdb settings changed' each time you enter debug mode with lazarus/typhon IDE

thank you for your attention Sir Sternas.

I personally use -ex mygdb.ini into Degugger_Startup_Options on the General Settings page of typhon, where there is other settings for GDB (EncodeCurrentDirPath, ... InternalStartBreak,....UseAsyncCommandMode, etc...etc) it would be Fair to Add a switch 'AssemblerFlavor' and a listbox containing 'default','att','intel', ... etc

Last edit: by gulyone.
  • Page: