Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
CodeTyphon MS Windows (Win7, Win8.x, Win10 and Win11) OS Development, discussions and problems
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Problem loading a project file under EDI Typhon32 10 years 10 months ago #4019

• jfmadre60
  • jfmadre60's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have installed CodeTyphon (a great project :) ) on my computer under Windows Vista 32 bits.
Installation complete without problem (except the file not found exception in the first script (install.bat) exception solved by copying manually the files in the Codetyphon directory and then run setup.bat).
Calling Typhon32 under administrator privilege. The EDI opens normaly but trying to open a project file previously computed under Lazarus (without CodeTyphon), i've got an exception "unable to Create C:\....\GlassDockingRuntime.xml.
The same exception appears trying to close the IDE.
Is there any solution ?

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by jfmadre60.

Problem loading a project file under EDI Typhon32 10 years 10 months ago #4063

• jfmadre60
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I have now installed CodeTyphon on a second computer (Windows 7) without this problem.
I think the reason is that my username in the first computer contains a french specific letter "ç" and there is no specific letter in my username in the second computer. I had observed this problem in a Lazarus compiled software of my own. This software ended with a fatal error when i tryed to load a file in a directory wich name contains such a specific letter ("ç" or "é"...). The solution was to use UTF8ToANSI function.
I've also made a new user in the first computer without specific letter. The problem does'nt appear in that session.

Best regards

Problem loading a project file under EDI Typhon32 10 years 10 months ago #4064

• Sternas Stefanos
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D
  • Thank you received: 1100
Thanks Sir
we know the problem and we try to solve this.
I hope next release not have this problem
PilotLogic Architect and Core Programmer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ranga

Problem loading a project file under EDI Typhon32 9 years 11 months ago #5468

• jfmadre60
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello,
There is still a problem with Typhon32 EDI of CT 4.8 under Windows Vista only when then [user] path contains accentuated or special letters as french 'ç'. this problem occurs when the typhon edi tries to save the file GlassDockingRuntime.xml (and perhaps saving others configuration files).
I think that the use of UTF8 ToSys function could solve this problem (it solves analogs problems under Lazarus when saving files in such paths).
Thanks for all
Attachments:

Problem loading a project file under EDI Typhon32 9 years 5 months ago #6198

• krants
  • Thank you received: 0
UP!

CT 5.1
Win7 64

• Page: