• Page:

TOPIC:

Cross compil from 32 bits to 64 bits on Ubuntu. 11 years 4 months ago #2909

• fredvs
  • fredvs's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hello everybody B)

Have good news : it is possible to compile a 64 bit app from a 32 bit Ubuntu system.

Here how i do :

First install the cross element x86_64-linux of CodeTyphon.

Then you need 64 bit libraries. Sadly the package ia64-libs does not exist. So, from a Ubuntu 64 bits usb install, i choose "Try Ubuntu" and copy the lib/x86_64-linux-gnu and usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu folders into a other usb stick.

When it is done, paste lib/x86_64-linux-gnu and usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu folders into your 32 bit system.

Then edit your fpc.cfg

sudo gedit /usr/lib/codetyphon/fpc/bin/i386-linux/fpc.cfg

and replace section searchpath for libraries with that :

# searchpath for libraries
#ifdef cpux86_64
-Fl/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
-Fl/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu
#endif

#ifdef cpui386
-Fl/usr/lib/i386-linux-gnu
-Fl/lib/i386-linux-gnu
#endif

Then, like Dibo explained, add the missing links in /usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu and in lib/x86_64-linux-gnu

Load Lazarus, choose Linux x86_64 target and it works. ;)

If you want, i have already prepare all the job : compressed 64 libraries with all missing links included (about 72 megas but i do not know where to upload it) :dry:

EDIT : I have still the boring message of "Libraries not found" in the CodeTyphon libraries window.
I do not understand why because i can cross compil from Linux 32 into Windows 32, Windows 64, Linux 32 and Linux 64 without problems... :blink:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by fredvs.

Cross compil from 32 bits to 64 bits on Ubuntu. 11 years 4 months ago #2936

• 4aiman
  • Comix creator
  • Thank you received: 12

If you want, i have already prepare all the job : compressed 64 libraries with all missing links included (about 72 megas but i do not know where to upload it) :dry:

I want ;)
Have you ever tried Dropbox service? If not, I suggest you trying.
There are other cloud storage systems, so "what's the difference?" you may ask. Well, Dropbox does not have any ads or counters when one tries to download some file. Plus your files will never be deleted. Plus you could share a direct links to your files.
So, here's a link: db.tt/Z0dx2k2l
Yes, it's referal, but I'm not the only one to receive some bonus. You see, if one would register all-by-himself he would get only 2Gb of the storage space. But registering by referal link one would get 2.5 Gb. If you don't want to use that link for some reason, then you could go here: www.dopbox.com and register all by yourself.
コンソールマニアック

Last edit: by 4aiman.

Cross compil from 32 bits to 64 bits on Ubuntu. 11 years 4 months ago #2968

• fredvs
  • fredvs's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

I want ;)

OK Sir, here your wish ...

www.dropbox.com/s/hamtyep0fyiydwi/lib_linux64.tar.gz

• Page: