Username: Password: Remember me
CodeTyphon Linux OS Development, discussions and problems
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Let's make CodeTyphon work on Mandriva 11 years 11 months ago #1954

• Aleksandar
  • Aleksandar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 31
CodeTyphon looks very promising, but unfortunately it is not officially supported on Mandriva, so I decided to change that. :)

I have very little free time, so if anyone want to help me with this, he will be more then welcome.

My main OS is Mandiva One 2011 x64, but I do not want to mess things on my main OS more than necessarily, so I decided to set up one more virtual machine.

If anyone want to help me with this project, he can quickly setup and fully update Mandriva following this short guide, especially if he never installed Mandriva before.

This can be also useful for Pilot Logic guys, since they would need to test all this at the end. Right?

I hope that no one will look at this post as offtopic.

So, let's start.

1. Make new virtual machine - 2GB for swap partition and 8GB for ext4 partition should be sufficient. Personally, I never make main partition smaller then 14GB for any Linux virtual machine.

2. Install Mandriva with default options. There is no need to waste your time selection packages.

3. After install, add yourself to the "wheel" group. Easiest way to do this is by clicking. Go to control center, right click on your username, choose "edit" and go to "groups" tab. Select "wheel" and click "OK". Log out and log in again to make this change active. This is clean and proper way to add yourself to sudo users.

4. If you do not want to enter password for sudo every time (especially if you are lazy like me), now is time for some typing. Open console, and type
sudo visudo
and enter your password. Comment line
%wheel ALL=(ALL) ALL
and uncomment line
%wheel ALL=(ALL) NOPASSWD: ALL

5. Now it is time to add repositories in order to update your system. You can use easyurpmi.zarb.org/ to add repositories, but if you installed Mandiva One 2011 x64, it is much faster just to copy those lines. I also added 32bit repositories. MIB repositories are included too.
sudo urpmi.removemedia -a
sudo urpmi.addmedia Main_64_release ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/ftp.mandriva.com/MandrivaLinux/official/2011/x86_64/media/main/release
sudo urpmi.addmedia --update Main_64_updates ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/ftp.mandriva.com/MandrivaLinux/official/2011/x86_64/media/main/updates
sudo urpmi.addmedia --update Main_64_backports ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/ftp.mandriva.com/MandrivaLinux/official/2011/x86_64/media/main/backports
sudo urpmi.addmedia Contrib_64_release ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/ftp.mandriva.com/MandrivaLinux/official/2011/x86_64/media/contrib/release
sudo urpmi.addmedia --update Contrib_64_updates ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/ftp.mandriva.com/MandrivaLinux/official/2011/x86_64/media/contrib/updates
sudo urpmi.addmedia --update Contrib_64_backports ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/ftp.mandriva.com/MandrivaLinux/official/2011/x86_64/media/contrib/backports
sudo urpmi.addmedia NonFree_64_release ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/ftp.mandriva.com/MandrivaLinux/official/2011/x86_64/media/non-free/release
sudo urpmi.addmedia --update NonFree_64_updates ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/ftp.mandriva.com/MandrivaLinux/official/2011/x86_64/media/non-free/updates
sudo urpmi.addmedia --update NonFree_64_backports ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/ftp.mandriva.com/MandrivaLinux/official/2011/x86_64/media/non-free/backports
sudo urpmi.addmedia --update MDV-restricted_64 http://mirror.yandex.ru/mandriva/official/restricted/2011.0/x86_64/
sudo urpmi.addmedia --update MIB-basic_64 http://mib.pianetalinux.org/MIB/2011.0/64/basic/
sudo urpmi.addmedia --update --raw MIB-experts_64 http://mib.pianetalinux.org/MIB/2011.0/64/experts/
#
sudo urpmi.addmedia Main_32_release ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/ftp.mandriva.com/MandrivaLinux/official/2011/i586/media/main/release
sudo urpmi.addmedia --update Main_32_updates ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/ftp.mandriva.com/MandrivaLinux/official/2011/i586/media/main/updates
sudo urpmi.addmedia --update Main_32_backports ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/ftp.mandriva.com/MandrivaLinux/official/2011/i586/media/main/backports
sudo urpmi.addmedia --raw Contrib_32_release ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/ftp.mandriva.com/MandrivaLinux/official/2011/i586/media/contrib/release
sudo urpmi.addmedia --update --raw Contrib_32_updates ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/ftp.mandriva.com/MandrivaLinux/official/2011/i586/media/contrib/updates
sudo urpmi.addmedia --update --raw Contrib_32_backports ftp://ftp.free.fr/mirrors/ftp.mandriva.com/MandrivaLinux/official/2011/i586/media/contrib/backports
sudo urpmi.addmedia --update --raw MDV-restricted_32 http://mirror.yandex.ru/mandriva/official/restricted/2011.0/i586/
sudo urpmi.addmedia --update --raw MIB-basic_32 http://mib.pianetalinux.org/MIB/2011.0/32/basic/
# 

6. Firefox and Thunderbird are installed by default. Unfortunately they have 2 conflicting packages, which suppress updating of Firefox and Thunderbird to version 12. So let's fix that quickly.
sudo urpme firefox-bn
sudo urpme mozilla-thunderbird-pa_IN

7. Now it is time to update all.
sudo urpmi --auto-update

I hope that this would be useful to at least one person. :)

Finally, it is time to download and unpack CodeTyphon.

If you run
./ln_All_Info.sh
you will see first thing that should be fixed. It detects Mandriva as Ubuntu, because it have "/etc/lsb-release" file like Ubuntu, so same thing that is done for Chakra Linux, should be done for Mandriva. Number 770 sound fine (we just need PL guys to accept that number), so I added this between Chakra and Ubuntu in "ln_All_Functions.sh":
#------------ 770 MandrivaLinux ------------------------
# Mandriva Linux has and "/etc/lsb-release" file like Ubuntu 
# so must place before Ubuntu

elif [ -f /etc/mandriva-release ] ; then
   OS_VerNum=770
   OS_VerStr="Mandriva Linux"

If I run
./ln_All_Info.sh
now, I will get
--------------------------------------------------
Found:  Mandriva Linux  (OS ID:770)
--------------------------------------------------

But this is just a start. Next step is to make proper "ln1_Install_SysLibraries_For_Mandriva.sh".

Duplicating "ln1_Install_SysLibraries_For_Fedora.sh" looks like good step in this direction.

"sudo yum update" should be replaced with "sudo urpmi --auto-update"
"sudo yum install -y" should be replaced with "sudo urpmi --auto"
Instead of using "*" to get all packages, we should add "-a" switch.

Now I need to check package names and to find appropriate packages for Mandriva (maybe some of them have different names). I will also check what is already installed by default.

More info later. :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Aleksandar. Reason: fixed some small typos

Re: Let's make CodeTyphon work on Mandriva 11 years 11 months ago #1957

• Sternas Stefanos
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D
  • Thank you received: 1101
Thanks Sir
we will put ALL your work
to next release
PilotLogic Architect and Core Programmer

Re: Let's make CodeTyphon work on Mandriva 11 years 11 months ago #1963

• Aleksandar
This is inital conversion of "ln1_Install_SysLibraries_For_Fedora.sh" in order to be used on Mandriva:
sudo urpmi --auto-update --auto
# sudo urpmi --auto make kernel-devel kernel-headers gcc
sudo urpmi --auto gcc-c++
# sudo urpmi --auto glibc-devel
sudo urpmi --auto xterm gdb 
# sudo urpmi --auto binutils
sudo urpmi --auto libx11-devel
sudo urpmi --auto glib-devel gtk2-devel 
sudo urpmi --auto -a gtk+extra gtk+-devel
sudo urpmi --auto mesa-common-devel
sudo urpmi --auto gtkglext-devel 
# sudo urpmi --auto cairo-devel pango-devel
sudo urpmi --auto xorg-x11-100dpi-fonts xorg-x11-75dpi-fonts 
### sudo urpmi --auto -a freeglut

As you can see some lines are commented.

On Mandriva One 2011 x64 (at least after update) make, kernel-devel, kernel-headers, gcc, glibc-devel, binutils, cairo-devel and pango-devel packages are already installed.

Attempt to install those packages will only mark those packages as manually installed, so they will not be auto-orphaned. I can not guaranty that those packages are installed on other Mandriva versions so it would probably be good to uncomment those lines.

mesa-common-devel and freeglut are conflicting packages, so only one of them can be used. For now I will use first one. That's why last line is commented with ###. We will see what to do later.

Re: Let's make CodeTyphon work on Mandriva 11 years 11 months ago #1970

• Aleksandar
This looks promising...
====================================================
              CodeTyphon Studio 
                Version 2.60 
     Installation for Linux-Solaris-FreeBSD
====================================================

0) Install CodeTyphon Studio

1) Install System Libraries

2) Open help

Select an action (press 0..2 key): 1

Found:  Mandriva Linux  (OS ID:770)
----------------------------------------------------
 CodeTyphon OS Libraries Installation for
             Mandriva Linux
medium "Main_64_release" is up-to-date
medium "Main_64_updates" is up-to-date

and after some time and some lines of text
CodeTyphon OS Libraries Installation
Finish !!!

OK, let's press 0 next time. More info later.

Re: Let's make CodeTyphon work on Mandriva 11 years 11 months ago #1975

• Aleksandar
Since I have both fpc64 and fpc32 on my real Mandriva x64 machine, I decided to make fpc32 available, so I changed line 35 in "ln_All_Functions.sh"
if [ -f /etc/SuSE-release -o -f /etc/mandriva-release ] ;
then   
  vsysfpc32sub=1
  vsyslaz32sub=0
fi

As you can see both are compiled without any problem.

I guess that there is a reason why this is not done by default on all Linux x64 systems.
Attachments:
The following user(s) said Thank You: Konstantinos Papadoulas

Re: Let's make CodeTyphon work on Mandriva 11 years 11 months ago #1978

• Sternas Stefanos
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D
We setup a Mandriva64 Box
now we can "Spin the Programming Art" together

Mandriva support is now in Lab CT BOX
Screens form Mandriva64 and
OpenGL, Graphic32 and new pl_PascalSCADA Libraries
The following user(s) said Thank You: Konstantinos Papadoulas

Last edit: by Sternas Stefanos.

Re: Let's make CodeTyphon work on Mandriva 11 years 11 months ago #1990

• Aleksandar
This is new version of "ln1_Install_SysLibraries_For_Mandriva.sh"
# automaticly update Mandriva
# install needed libraries
sudo urpmi --auto gcc-c++ xterm gdb 

Those libraries are already installed:
make, kernel-devel, kernel-headers, gcc, glibc-devel and binutils

When you install gtkglext-devel it will automatically install all of those packages:
libx11-devel, gtk2-devel, glib-devel, cairo-devel and pango-devel

I am pretty sure that those are not needed by gtk2:
gtk+extra and gtk+-devel

Now I almost sure that I made a wrong assumption about xorg-x11-font* from Fedora script and that those packages are not needed:
xorg-x11-100dpi-fonts and xorg-x11-75dpi-fonts

freeglut is in conflict with package mesa-common-devel.

Virtualbox reverted to snapshot with unpacked, but not installed CT. Now I will change this script and try to install CT again, so I will check if this script is OK.

Re: Let's make CodeTyphon work on Mandriva 11 years 11 months ago #1992

• Sternas Stefanos
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D
Our Lab Scripts
for help

Last edit: by Sternas Stefanos.

Re: Let's make CodeTyphon work on Mandriva 11 years 11 months ago #1998

• Aleksandar
Thank you for the scripts, I already had something very similar.

As I wrote in my previous post in this thread, I made some tests and compares and made much smaller and cleaner version of "ln1_Install_SysLibraries_For_Mandriva.sh". I just didn't have enough time to test it.

I finally tested it and it works just fine!

I just think that it would be good to install gpm package too, since official fpc package install it. My intention is to provide same packages installed to user as with official fpc / lazarus RPM packages.

So, "ln1_Install_SysLibraries_For_Mandriva.sh" should look like this:
# automaticly update Mandriva
# install needed libraries
sudo urpmi --auto gcc-c++ xterm gdb gpm

There is one function in those scripts that really confuse me. I fully understand how it works, but I do not know why it is made like that.

I do not understand why hassys32sub function sets vsysfpc32sub and vsyslaz32sub to 1 just for SunOS and why it sets just vsysfpc32sub to 1 for Suse?

• Page: