Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discussions for CodeTyphon Studio Installation and Setup.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

High CPU load from IDE 7 years 5 months ago #10305

• Milen
  • Milen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I update my CT 5.8 up to 5.9 (on Windows 7 64bit).

I noticed the strange high CPU activity still before CT 5.8, I discover some decision, but want to report at least:

When the CT IDE is opened and user do nothing (just watch at its code), I heard the computer fans and because of this open the Task Manager to see that the CPU is loaded on about 40%!

Nothing other is started! The CT uses this high CPU, but there is nothing to do (no debugging, no compiling, nothing at this moment). This CPU load stays high for indefinitely long time.

The work around:

When I open (with mouse) the Window menu and move mouse on it (yes, without even click), the CPU lows to 1-2% and seem this problem not present again until next time I start to use CT IDE.
The CPU high loading switches on some seconds after opening the IDE and I do not know other way to stop It beside the upper described.

So, this not very big problem for me, but I must always have on mind to prevent my computer from unduly overheating.
The problem is pretty strange and it is very interesting if the cause can be whenever discovered.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

High CPU load from IDE 7 years 4 months ago #10309

• Sternas Stefanos
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D
  • Thank you received: 1101
Thanks Sir
we don't have this problem
but we will check again
PilotLogic Architect and Core Programmer

High CPU load from IDE 7 years 4 months ago #10315

• gulyone
  • Thank you received: 5
please try to make an exception to your antivirus on the codetyphon folder and its subfolders
It solved the problem for me near version 4.7 of CT

High CPU load from IDE 7 years 4 months ago #10332

• Milen
  • Milen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
My CT folder was ever in antivirus exceptions, because I can't even compile something otherwise.

The high CPU load problem is very difficult to analyze, because It appears irregularly and even the way to stop is completely strange.
At the beginning I think that the problem is connected with the unstable IDE window layout system and this problem appear after I save my layout (to use in case when the layouts corrupts), and the try to load this my layout stops the high CPU, BUT after some tries, I noticed that even opening of the Window menu, AND move mouse on it (without any click) usually stops the CPU loading (otherwise it did not stops all the time I use the IDE).

• Page: