Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discussions for CodeTyphon Studio Installation and Setup.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Why problems with "unit system used by fcllaz"? 11 months 1 day ago #17772

• Vital
  • Thank you received: 0
Yes! Work!

Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Vital.

[Solved]problems with "unit system used by fcllaz" 8 months 2 weeks ago #17921

• Zoran Radosevic
I am facing the same problem with version 8.10 on OpenSuse Tmbleweed. Was waiting for a while, trying to reinstall after major updates of the system, but no luck.
However, version 8.00 install goes like a charm...

[Solved]problems with "unit system used by fcllaz" 8 months 2 weeks ago #17922

• Matis A.
  • Away
  • Thank you received: 149
Try LAB CT Version 8.20 Revision 008120
and reinstall SysLibraries

PS: We test LAB CT 8.2 Revision 008120 on OpenSuse Tmbleweed before release...
PilotLogic Core Programmer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Zoran Radosevic

Last edit: by Matis A..

[Solved]problems with "unit system used by fcllaz" 8 months 2 weeks ago #17925

• Zoran Radosevic
I would like to, but where can I find it?

[Solved]problems with "unit system used by fcllaz" 8 months 2 weeks ago #17926

• Zoran Radosevic
Ok, the update is here:
Downloaded LAB CT Version 8.20 Revision 008120 through update system, had (as usual) to edit ln_All_Functions.sh as OpenSuse Tumbleweed is never correctly recognized, for years already (so I change it to make SUSE as unconditional so the install can proceed normally), and the installation ended with already known "Sorry, Typhon64 Small IDE x86_64-linux-qt6 NOT Build", preceded by "Fatal: (10022) Can't find unit system used by fcllaz"...

I will have to go back to 8.00

[Solved]problems with "unit system used by fcllaz" 8 months 2 weeks ago #17927

• Sternas Stefanos
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D
  • Thank you received: 1100
We don't know anything for your OpenSuse Tumbleweed installation.
But let's start...

1) With <<Fatal: (10022) Can't find unit system used by fcllaz>> report
we can't give you any help, we want more info...

CTCenter has "Actions Log" ability  more info

My Suggestion:
-Open CTCenter
-Go to CodeTyphon => Remove and build ALL
-Save Action Log to a file and Zip it.
-Attach this zip with log file to this post, for LAB exploration...

For your info we test CT on OpenSuse Tumbleweed before 1 Hour
- Clean OpenSuse Tumbleweed installation
- Update with
sudo zypper update

Screens

PilotLogic Architect and Core Programmer
Attachments:

Last edit: by Sternas Stefanos.

[Solved]problems with "unit system used by fcllaz" 7 months 4 weeks ago #17967

• Zoran Radosevic
I had very busy last two weeks and had more important things to deal with. However, I could finally get back to Code Typhon 810 installation problems yesterday.

Now, first about my version of OpenSUSE Tumbleweed: normal installation with most of Plasma desktop and Qt6 (earlier it was Qt5) development framework installed and regularly updated. From time to time I face some problems coming from a customized user environment and that's why I have always configured the "test_user" profile with a clean and pristine environment so I can check what's going on.

Version 800 installation, as I said before, works perfectly, but I never could install 810 due to mentioned problem. During June I had a foot injury, a week of sick leave, and was unable to go anywhere, so among other things, I decided to make a bit of cleanup on my computer after almost 4 yrs of rolling updates. So, I have cleaned the system partition, did a fresh system install, and guess what? 810 couldn't be installed, while 800 worked perfectly.

When I said "works perfectly", I mean it works the way I am used to. For more than 6 years, with every new version of CodeTyphon I have first to tamper with
ln_All_Functions.sh
 as OpenSUSE Leap or Tumbleweed is never properly recognized and system libraries update is always attempted by using
apt
command. So, making permanent
OSVerNum=200
vOSDistribution="SuSE Linux"
vMultiArchDirPlan=100

is a workaround for this problem. After this change, normally the
install.sh
works its job. It's still annoying when I see during the updates messages like an error in codetyphon.desktop coming from ms-dos end of the line. Ok, for some time I was correcting it and gave up a number of years ago, expecting of you guys to fix it once...

So, let's get back to my current attempt to find out what is wrong with 810 and 820LAB installation. As I mentioned before, I have tried to install 810 by using my `test_user` environment without any customization, but unsuccessfully as usual. As customization doesn't look as an issue, I've got back to my normal user profile. Starting Code Ocean, made a log of an unsuccessful install, and saved the log, but before submitting it here, decided to give it another try with 820LAB. The update was downloaded by Code Typhon and i
nstall.sh
immediately starts in a
xterm
window. A quick check with option `0` shows that the OpenSUSE wasn't correctly recognized again and that again the
apt
command attempted for update of system libraries. Ok, I have already seen that a lot of packages still carries signature 810, my system is already updateed for Qt6 selection from previous atempts, so let's try it purely through Code Ocean. Anyway, checking again the correct selection for Qt6 and for no particular reason started
Qt6pas Build Libraries from Source
... Boy, compilation started in only one thread and on my machine it's painfully slow... I didn't compile Qt6 for long time and forgot how much time it takes even with 4 threads that I usually use. However, one detail in messages caught my eye - version 6.2.1 - what? I can't remember exactly, but at least from the beginning of this year 6.5 is actual as LTS. Quick check in
Qt Maintenance
- the oldest listed version is 6.2.4 and it has a timestamp 202203141003. Could it be the problem? On my system version 6.5.2 is installed through system updates, and also in a separate Qt6 installation for my own experiments. This reminded me of another detail that I have noticed,
Install System Libraries
reports an error when attempting to install
libQt6Core6-devel
as such a library simply doesn't exist and cannot be installed. Hmmm... Anyway,
Qt6pas
build is completed successfully after some time, and let's give it a try with
Remove and buld ALL
from Code Ocean. And another surprise: again an incredibly long process. Build of
Qt6pas
triggered rebuild of all
lcl
components. And then, after a while, another surprise - installation completed successfully.

So, my conclusion: I don't know anything guys about YOUR OpenSUSE Tumbleweed installation, but it looks to me like you forgot to use

sudo zypper dup

for a very, very long time.

And the attitude like "I don't know, it works on my computer" really doesn't help anyone of CodeTyphon users, which means in the end that it doesn't help you guys at all. Please, do the re-check of what's packed in the installation. It would be much better to force a complete build on the host machine than to have a failing installation process that discourages users. If you test the installation only on xfce and gtk2, then put some kind of disclaimer mentioning that other environments are not tested. It would make your own life much easier.

For me personally, CodeTyphon is not crucial and I can live without it. However, I find it very important and a must-have on my computer as I am tutoring a number of people making their first steps in programming in Lazarus and making them shift as soon as they are ready to CodeTyphon because of rich libraries, so they can avoid the discouraging process of downloading them, rebuilding them, failing... as I did regularly more than a decade ago. Failing is a normal part of development, but it's not good for them to face such a wall too soon. Now, imagine how many of them decide something like "this is not for me, it's too damn hard" when even installation is failing and requires some investigation and additional work. If I am advertising Linux as a platform and CodeTyphon for development independently of the platform, please, help me guys with finalizing properly your already incredible work.

[Solved]problems with "unit system used by fcllaz" 7 months 4 weeks ago #17969

• Sternas Stefanos
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D
  • Thank you received: 1100
Thanks Sir,
and just for the record...

CodeTyphon has "PreBuild Libraries" for QT4, QT5 and QT6

Have fun...
PilotLogic Architect and Core Programmer
Attachments:

Last edit: by Sternas Stefanos.

[Solved]problems with "unit system used by fcllaz" 5 days 7 hours ago #18425

• Zoran Radosevic
Here is another update about issues when installing CodeTyphon Studio on OpenSuse Tumbleweed with KDE Plasma 6 desktop.
Since the last my post here, was performing updates via CodeTphon Center, updating tihe installation to the latest LAB version with no problems, ever since recompiled the Qt6 support.
However...
In the meantime a major update to KDE desktop environment came and now many users are updating their Linux computers to the latest Plasma6 version. Also, Qt 6.7.0 is current at this moment. My attempt to update the installation of CodeTyphon Studio the same way as before failed. A bit of digging in what happened gave me a result that somewhere a call to unsupported QString::isSimpleText was referenced, causing the build failure.
A bit of more digging and an attempt to compile manually the Qt6pas support pointed out exactly where error appears. Checking the development of Qt6 and Qt6pas again gave me an insight to outdated source files. QString::isSimpleText method is removed from Qt6 since October 2023 as it is simply not used at all and not referenced anywhere in Qt ecosystem for a quite some time ago. Commenting out appearances of function code, export and call point in Qt6pas gives flawles build of Qt6pas support. So, an issue ticket was created for Lazarus project. In the meantime, had a bit of work here to force installation scripts to use modified code for build of CodeTyphon Studio, but once when everything was in place, the result was:

I still have to test the behavior when I find some time for that. Anyway, I think that right now will have fix the `ln_All_Functions.sh` as it became annoying to make manual changes in the pre-historic section for identification of Linux distribution and version, like I did in last more than 10 years.

Additional annoyance is that during the last 10 years, after BigIDE is built, I have manually to adjust the vertical size of components menu, but it will come to deal with some other time.
Attachments:

Last edit: by Zoran Radosevic.
  • Page: