Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discussions for CodeTyphon Studio Installation and Setup.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

CodeTyphon on RaspberryPi? 11 years 3 weeks ago #3627

• Xepol
  • Xepol's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I was curious - since FPC and Lazarus both run quite succesfully on RPi, has anyone succeeded building CodeTyphon on RPi? I'm fairly new at this, but CodeTyphon is already my favorite way to install FPC&Lazarus on Linux&Windows targets and I was hoping that it would work on RPi.

Sadly, I am seeing some strange errors from the build script that flit by too fast to read or capture.

Anyone have any success or hints?

Thanks.

(and yes, I am trying to build on a 512mb model b RPi with 32gb of storage on an class 10 SD card - so the whole thing is pretty snappy!)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

CodeTyphon on RaspberryPi? 11 years 3 weeks ago #3628

• Sternas Stefanos
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D
  • Thank you received: 1102
Sir
we will not port CT to RPi for the moment.
You can use cross-build method.

Please, try CT ver 4.20
PilotLogic Architect and Core Programmer

CodeTyphon on RaspberryPi? 11 years 3 weeks ago #3641

• Xepol
Is it the Raspberry Pi platform specifically, or just any ARM based Linux distro that you are currently avoiding in general to keep from having to do testing for another platform?

I'm just curious about the basis of the exclusion itself, as the ARM platforms running Linux are definitely starting to grow in volume and capabilities as time moves forward.

CodeTyphon on RaspberryPi? 11 years 3 weeks ago #3642

• Sternas Stefanos
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D
  • Thank you received: 1102
ARM based Linux distro Sir
PilotLogic Architect and Core Programmer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Xepol

CodeTyphon on RaspberryPi? 11 years 2 weeks ago #3657

• Xepol
Thanks for the reply guys. Well, keep arm in mind - it is definitely a growing field that could benefit from any and all attention & you guys do have a great build system. (not to infer that ARM is not already growing well, because it is. 35$ for a 700mhz machine with half a gig of ram that runs of SD cards is a pretty sweet deal, and I have spotted a few multi-core systems coming out, one even supports sata and will still be sub 150$! Great machines for learning GPIO and the like once you out grow arduino's rather small foot print)

I'm going to look at the scripts and see if I can't at least improve it's arm detection so it fails a little more gracefully rather than assuming it is 32bit linux and going slightly wacky. Once I've got something, I'll fire it over so you can consider adding it in at least.

CodeTyphon on RaspberryPi? 11 years 2 weeks ago #3688

• avra
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Raspberry Pi has very limited resources and Lazarus running on it feels very slow if you have a need for adding components and recompiling it. It would be very mazohistic to use Lazarus on Pi that way. You should better take a look at fpGUI (www.turbocontrol.com/easyfpgui.htm), which runs acceptably well on Pi. If you don't have a need for adding new components then Lazarus speed is acceptable on Pi, but since you want CT I guess you like a lot of components so recompiling would be needed. Would you find waiting a day or two just for recompiling Lazarus on Pi acceptable? Raspian can not even compile Lazarus SVN without increasing default swap file, so a lot of people just run v0.9 from the repository. Just use Lazarus CT on pc and cross compile to Pi as suggested. There are many new cheap very powerful ARM Linux boards that could even handle Lazarus CT well, but Raspberry Pi is not one of them.

Last edit: by avra.
  • Page: