Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discussions for CodeTyphon Studio Installation and Setup.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Windows 7 Install Notes for 3.0 11 years 5 months ago #2791

• Darian Miller
  • Darian Miller's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I just downloaded 3.0 and attempted to install CodeTyphon and ran into some issues...

- First thing which may not be obvious: After downloading CodeTyphonIns.zip, right click it and select "Unblock" (Security note "This file came from another computer and might be blocked to help protect this computer")

- Unzip to C:\ and there will be a "C:\CodeTyphonIns" directory created. (There's an embedded folder path, so if you unzip to "C:\CodeTyphonIns" you will end up with "C:\CodeTyphonIns\CodeTyphonIns" directory structure created..not necessarily bad, just adds to the confusion.)

- I then edited Install.bat due to error during install. In the :GO_x3 section, change this line
xcopy /E /R /Y /Q installbin\*.* C:\codetyphon\
To this
xcopy /E /R /Y /Q %~dp0\installbin\*.* C:\codetyphon\
This change includes the drive/path of the currently executing batch file. (Otherwise the xcopy fails when running the batch file from Explorer.)

- Per the help file, download/install DirectX 9.0c www.microsoft.com/download/en/details.aspx?id=35
- Per the help file, set compatibility option for CodeTyphon_win32.exe and CodeTyphon_win64.exe in C:\CodeTyphon\binCenter. Right click executable in Explorer and select properties, then in the Compatibility tab check "Run this program as an administrator"

Now it built...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Windows 7 Install Notes for 3.0 11 years 5 months ago #2792

• Sternas Stefanos
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D
  • Thank you received: 1101
Thanks Sir
we will put your suggestion to next release
PilotLogic Architect and Core Programmer

Windows 7 Install Notes for 3.0 11 years 3 months ago #2983

• VerdenZ
I repeated the above steps. When starting the installation (and before) the error "file not found *.*" how can I fix it?

Windows 7 Install Notes for 3.0 11 years 3 months ago #2989

• Rain
  • Thank you received: 8
Hi Sergey,

the reason for this is (almost) written in the first post.
In other words: If you right-click the install.bat and do a "run as administrator", the current folder is not anymore the CodeTyphon Folder, but strangely enough the C:\Windows\System32 folder. Therefore the bat file does not find any files to copy anymore.
Remedy: Do a "run as administrator" on cmd.exe, and navigate to the install.bat via cd commands, and run install.bat after you arrived there.

Worked for me all the time at least.

Windows 7 Install Notes for 3.0 11 years 3 months ago #3000

• VerdenZ
Thank you! I'm beginning not properly translated the first message. Now everything is working.

• Page: