Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discussions for CodeTyphon Studio Installation and Setup.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

docking bug 11 years 9 months ago #2273

• avra
  • avra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
After installing editortoolbar package, when using CT docking I have experienced missing main IDE window (it turned out to be minimized at the end) and other weird things. Then I narrowed the problem to GlassDockingRuntime.xml, and found out that everything works after it was deleted and recreated. However, after docking Messages window to Source Editor window (that is how I like it) problems appeared again, this time having this error message on each Lazarus exit: "lazarus: Exception EAccessViolation : Access violation". It seams that editortoolbar package confused docking (it puts icons on top of Source Editor window and probably confused logic of saving docked window coordinates). Everything was back to normal after I deinstalled editortoolbar package.

2nd docking bug can be recreated if Messages window is docked to Source Editor window, and you try to dock ToDo window at the same place where Messages window is, so they both appear as tabs of the same parent. Next Lazarus start will show big problems with these windows, and only fixing GlassDockingRuntime.xml helps.

3rd docking bug shows after Lazarus restart if you try to dock Code Explorer window into Object Inspector window, so they share parent and show as tabs next to each other. After Lazarus restart Code Explorer window is docked to the right of the Source Editor window, and not docked to Object Inspector window as it should be.

Btw, have you seen this new docking (unfortunately it still does not work with 1.1): www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/top...g96838.html#msg96838

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by avra.

docking bug 11 years 9 months ago #2280

• Konstantinos Papadoulas
  • Thank you received: 19
I didn't face any problems at all with the docking feature of CT but, to be honest, i never tried to make all the different docking profiles that you mentioned, avra.

The link to the Lazarus forum shows a really nice docking style. I like the idea of a button switch (appart from the nice F12 shortcut) between the
code editor and the form editor.

Thanx for the link avra.

Kostas

docking bug 11 years 9 months ago #2285

• avra
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

papadouk wrote: I didn't face any problems at all with the docking feature of CT but, to be honest, i never tried to make all the different docking profiles that you mentioned, avra.

I am available if description is not enough and any further assistance is needed on this topic.

The link to the Lazarus forum shows a really nice docking style. I like the idea of a button switch (appart from the nice F12 shortcut) between the code editor and the form editor.

I generally don't like VS merged forms layout and I still have classic see-through layout in my Delphi, but this is the first VS layout implementation where I see a benefit for me, since according to the screenshots it seams to have a very clever feature to hide forms, components and object inspector when you use an editor, and show them only when needed. Like it has 2 layouts depending on what you do. It could really save precious screen real estate space and I will most likely try it when it starts working with Lazarus 1.1.

Last edit: by avra.

docking bug 11 years 9 months ago #2306

• avra
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

avra wrote: After installing editortoolbar package, when using CT docking Btw, have you seen this new docking (unfortunately it still does not work with 1.1): www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/top...g96838.html#msg96838

Fix for lazarus 1.1 is already there:
www.lazarus.freepascal.org/index.php/top...g97500.html#msg97500

docking bug 11 years 5 days ago #3760

• RockyLuck
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
I had to disable docking all together, because the one thing I used it for (docking the message window at the bottom of the code editor window) gave an access violation every time when I closed Lazarus :angry:

Since this is a package under development by CT, I would like some confirmation about this bug and a cure of course :cheer:

Last edit: by RockyLuck.
  • Page: