Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discussions for CodeTyphon Studio Installation and Setup.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

SOLVED: Fatal: Can't find unit system used by AllL 14 years 1 month ago #167

• ccezar
  • ccezar's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi gang!

So I've switched back to CodeTyphon (0.998beta) after few months and found it excellent! :) However when I was trying to setup it on my Windows XP Home PL 32bit environment compilation dies with a lot of "Fatal: Can't find unit system used by AllLCLUnits". It was also generating a lot of errors regarding rm.exe (segfaults) and a cp.exe (wrong parameters to the command). Well, I was really sad... :dry:

After playing a bit with error log and Makefile I've found the sollution! :lol: This is a procedure for successfull CodeTyphon building:
  1. Run "official" metod of buliding CodeTyphon - it'll die with "Fatal: Can't find unit system used by AllLCLUnits" after few minutes. Close the whole CodeTyphon tool. Watch out the icon in the screen's right low corner, it should be closed too!
  2. Run the cmd.exe
  3. Modify the environment with:
    set PATH=c:\pp\bin\i386-win32;%PATH%
  4. in the same window go to your CodeTyphon installation directory and run setup, in my environment it's:
    c:
    cd \CodeTyphon
    setup
  5. From the menu choose "remove and build Lazarus". It'll complain about missing FreePascal libraries and will start a build proces.
  6. After 10-15 minutes you'll have working environment!

Goold luck for everyone and really, really BIG "thank you!" to whole CodeTyphon team! :)

Cezar

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by ccezar.

Re:SOLVED: Fatal: Can't find unit system used by AllL 13 years 10 months ago #174

• debugger
  • Thank you received: 0
this does not work for me, and the issue still exists on 1.000

i have found that it requires "make all" inside the RTL directory to work.
then it will proceed, until it doesnt find contnrs.pas, which is in FCL-Base folder.
making this as well will not lead to success, it seems paths in FPC.CFG have to point to that directory. i will do further testing.

Re:SOLVED: Fatal: Can't find unit system used by AllL 13 years 10 months ago #175

• Sternas Stefanos
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D
  • Thank you received: 1101
Thanks Sir

We working WinCE Cross-Build Element on Windows Mobile 6.5.5 API now

The CodeTyphon project is going to level 1 (from level 0 now)
-with one release every month ...etc

PilotLogic Architect and Core Programmer

Last edit: by Sternas Stefanos.
  • Page: