Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discussions for CodeTyphon Studio Installation and Setup.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Unable to install 5dpo package after codetyphon 12 years 2 months ago #1638

• Jerry Korten
  • Jerry Korten's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a test install system running windows xp sp2.

I did a clean install of lazarus - then did an install of codetyphon using option 8.

Then I tried re-installing a serial I/O package I use (5dpo - which is spelled sdpo in the package folder).

I get many messages stating that the compiler cannot find various unit files and/or include files. Being clever I searched for them and put them in the compiler directory options on the package installer interface. But then I end up getting messages that I have dual sourced files (some in codetyhpon\lazarus\lcl and some in \lazarus\lcl etc) which I hit ignore. But ultimately I got a failed re-compile of the IDE because an overridden procedure has the same number of parameters as the new. Which makes me think the wrong files got linked.

My question is - once codetyphon is installed - what paths should be put in the package installer? For Units, files and include files.

Thanks in advance for your help. Looking forward to using this if I can get it to work!

Jerry

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Unable to install 5dpo package after codetyphon 12 years 2 months ago #1639

• Sternas Stefanos
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D
  • Thank you received: 1101
Sir thanks for your email
We put all Lazarus IDE packages to
codetyphon\Lazarus\components\
folder

My suggestion, is to open some pl_xxxx CodeTyphon packages from this folder
See-and-Learn

We try to put all source files of a package to a single directory, if this is possible...

If your package is for Delphi, your can use Lazarus Delphi pkg converter
under "Tools" main menu
PilotLogic Architect and Core Programmer

Last edit: by Sternas Stefanos.

Re: Unable to install 5dpo package after codetyphon 12 years 2 months ago #1640

• Jerry Korten
Thank you Sternas,

In fact this package installs under Lazarus just fine when I don't have the codetyphon installed.

Per your suggestion - I put the source files for Sdposerial into the codetyphon\Lazarus\components\ directory this time.

The paths I have in order to reconcile all of the "not found" errors is as follows:

sdposerial;c:\codetyphon\lazarus\lcl\units\i386-win32\;c:\lazarus\lcl\;c:\lazarus\lcl\widgetset\

However, still I get the error:

overloaded functions have the same parameter list

in the file "winfileutil.inc"

I will try uninstalling everything, installing lazarus, installing the sdpo serial package just to be sure.

There is no way to install codetyphon without erasing the lazarus IDE (just recompile the IDE to maintain all packages already installed) is there?

Thanks,

Jerry

Re: Unable to install 5dpo package after codetyphon 12 years 2 months ago #1641

• Konstantinos Papadoulas
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi jkorten

Make sure you have only one flavour of Lazarus installed at the time. If you have installed Lazarus from the Lazarus Repositories and
CT Lazarus at the same time, many things will go wrong.

Try to uninstall everything (concerning Lazarus and Freepascal) and re-install only one flavour of Lazarus, the CT for example. Then
try again to use the 5dpo component.

Re: Unable to install 5dpo package after codetyphon 12 years 2 months ago #1644

• Jerry Korten
Thank you papadouk,

In fact I thought that the option 8 (remove and build all) did remove the old lazarus - but I see it did not. After removing codetyphon, I uninstalled Lazarus. Deleted the remaining directories so there was no trace of Lazarus.

I then re-installed codetyphon.

Then I tried moving the sdpo directory into the components subdirectory and tried doing a package->open package file (.lpk) and compile - but no joy. There is evidently a version problem whereby the Lazarus I download from lazarus.org has a unit file named "fileutil" (used by LResources) that codetyphon does not have. So the package won't compile.

Ah well. My search for a faster graphics engine in Lazarus will continue...

Thank you for all of your help though.

Regards,

Jerry

Re: Unable to install 5dpo package after codetyphon 12 years 2 months ago #1653

• avra
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Have you checked PATH and killed anything that might be connected to Lazarus? Have you completely deleted the old directory where old Lazarus looked for this component? This might all affect Lazarus CT edition.

• Page: