Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Discussions for CodeTyphon Studio Installation and Setup.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Problem with folder redirection of AppData 12 years 2 months ago #1634

• Florian Immenroth
  • Florian Immenroth's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello,

we use folder redirection for the AppData folder. It resides on a network share. In the CTC i see the UNC path to the folder under "Lazarus32 Settings". Whe i start Lazarus i always get the window "Configure Lazarus IDE" and have to choose the Lazarus base folder. This setting won't be saved. Obviously the environmentoptions.xml file can not be accessed correctly. Is there any possibility to change the path to this file?

Thanks
fimmenroth

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: Problem with folder redirection of AppData 12 years 2 months ago #1642

• Konstantinos Papadoulas
  • Thank you received: 19
Hi fimmenroth,

By saying "folder redirection" what do you mean?
Could you please provide some more information about your windows system?

I know that in windows NT family (i am not sure about othe windows) there is a way to do a, let's say, Hardlink from
one folder to another. Something like a Folder Pointer. I haven't tried though to test it with a UNC path.

Re: Problem with folder redirection of AppData 12 years 2 months ago #1649

• Florian Immenroth
  • Florian Immenroth's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

folder redirection is a feature in a windows domain environment. By use of group policy objects the (local) paths of some user folders (Document, Pictures, AppData, Music and so on) can be changed to some server based storage.
So my AppData path is not like C:\Users\xxxxx\AppData but \\servername.domain\folder\username\AppData. It looks like CTC/Lazarus having problems with this. One time i started Lazarus i had a message in which the path of the profile was listed, but the first backslash was missing (\server\path... instead \\server\path...) - perhaps there is the problem located?

fimmenroth

• Page: