Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General discussions, feature requests for CodeTyphon Project and discussions that don't fit in any of the other specific CodeTyphon forum categories.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Missing component palettes in Typhon 32 Big IDE (like Indy, VirtualTrees etc.) 2 years 10 months ago #15950

• VCC
  • VCC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,
somewhere in the latest CT releases (7.40 or 7.30), several component palettes got missing from Typhon 32 Big IDE. I am mostly interested in Indy and VirtualTrees, but many more are missing. The 64-bit version of the Typhon IDE appears to have them all. The 32-bit version of the IDE displays 50 pages, while the 64-bit version displays 160 pages.
This is the Windows version of the installation. I also have to mention that I did rebuild the Typhon 32 Big IDE a second time, just in case there was some error, but nothing showed up in the log. Are these packages somehow removed from the build matrix? The changelog does not mention it, and also the build matrix from pilotlogic.com/sitejoom/index.php/85-wik...allation-matrix.html appears to be a bit old.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Missing component palettes in Typhon 32 Big IDE (like Indy, VirtualTrees etc.) 2 years 10 months ago #15951

• Matis A.
  • Thank you received: 148
The problem is the 32bit OSes RAM memory limit to 2Gbytes.
We add to ALL 32Bit Host OSes, packages with "building" limit 1Gbytes.
Typhon32 on Windows32 need 1Gbytes free RAM to build "BigIDE Packages Configuration",
the same with Typhon32 on Linux, Solaris, FreeBSD etc.
Typhon64 don't has this RAM limit problem.

Always the final CT user, can make his/her Typhon IDE package configuration more info here
Please, don't forget that the primary TyphonIDE CPU architecture is 64Bit.

We make a lot of changes to CT Packages subsystem, we don't finish yet,
so we don't update the Packages Installation Matrix web page
Why ?

CTCenter has a new real time tool, to report "Installation Packages Matrix".
It's NOT perfect yet, but it's a start.
We want to replace Packages Installation Matrix web page,
with CTCenter "Installation Packages Matrix" report image.

PilotLogic Core Programmer
Attachments:

Last edit: by Matis A..

Missing component palettes in Typhon 32 Big IDE (like Indy, VirtualTrees etc.) 2 years 10 months ago #15963

• VCC
  • VCC's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Thank you for replying. So I've managed to install VirtualTreeView and Indy using the Install/Uninstall packages feature.
CodeTyphon Center is able to build the Typhon Big IDEs (both 32 and 64), with all packages, on a 64-bit machine, if enough RAM is available. I usually use about 6GB for this purpose (on a VM). At some point, I could also build Typhon Big IDE 64 (using CodeTyphon) on a 64-bit Linux machine, with only 1.6GB available RAM, because it had a swap file. Probably it would still work with the latest, 7.40. So, to actually use the Typhon Big IDE 32, with all packages, on a 32-bit machine, I build it on 64-bit machine and copy the whole installation folder to the 32-bit machine.
Anyway, I've found a better setting, from CodeTyphon Center, Tools tab -> Typhon BigIDE Packages Setup, from where I can enable what I want, then build the IDE from there.

May I propose a small feature regarding the problem of finding all these options? Since the Big IDE is no longer that big as it used to be, can you add please, some menu items to CodeTyphon Center, under "Typhon-IDE", to build Medium IDE, in addition to existing Small and Big IDE? This way, the Big IDE can be full featured and it would work if enough RAM is available. Then, updating a package on a Big IDE 32, would require CodeTyphon Center anyway.

Thank you.

Missing component palettes in Typhon 32 Big IDE (like Indy, VirtualTrees etc.) 2 years 10 months ago #15964

• Matis A.
  • Thank you received: 148
No you can't build direct "Medium IDE", from CTCenter=>TyphonIDE  menu.

I think (and all our DEV team here) that CT has a lot of ways to Setup, Save, Load and Build a IDE Package Configuration.
You can setup "Medium IDE Package Configuration" from TyphonIDE and from CTCenter tools.

We will NOT make any chances to this, at this CT DEV Generation.
PilotLogic Core Programmer

Last edit: by Matis A..
  • Page: