Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General discussions, feature requests for CodeTyphon Project and discussions that don't fit in any of the other specific CodeTyphon forum categories.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

LAB 5.7 - Can't make functions UTF8to... to work 8 years 3 months ago #8912

• Javor
  • Javor's Avatar Topic Author
  • M.Sc in Computer Science, (ex-)freelancer
  • Thank you received: 8
Still no luck in making UTF8toSys, UTF8toAnsi, UTF8toString to produce me unicode string, that I send via JSON or as title/body of an e-mail. Back in version CT 5.5 everything worked awesome. Now seems those functions do nothing. Haven't looked deeper, just to share... :(
In fact functions return the same UTF8 strings, for example Р_СЂРѕРЅРѕР_РѕРіРёС_РЅР_ СЃРїСЂР_РІРєР_ instead of cyrillic letters...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

LAB 5.7 - Can't make functions UTF8to... to work 8 years 3 months ago #8926

• xcod
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi
try UTF8ToWinCP

Last edit: by xcod.

LAB 5.7 - Can't make functions UTF8to... to work 8 years 3 months ago #8927

• Javor
  • Javor's Avatar Topic Author
  • M.Sc in Computer Science, (ex-)freelancer
  • Thank you received: 8
Thanks, but currently I can't afford to recompile the whole IDE just to try :( No time for that plus nobody knows what other problems would jump out of it. I still wonder what's changed regarding those UTF8to functions. They used to work in all previous versions.
Any other idea for runtime change?

Found UTF8ToWinCP and UTF8ToCP1251 in unit LConvEncoding. They seem to work without need of any switch in Projects options, nor rebuld fpc and IDE for not using UTF8 and other interventions, now I have to adjust them to my needs. Still miss the UTF8toSys functions, which were pretty easy to use and work more or less fast enough.

Last edit: by Javor.
  • Page: