Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General discussions, feature requests for CodeTyphon Project and discussions that don't fit in any of the other specific CodeTyphon forum categories.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Invisible comp's should be listed in Components 10 years 3 months ago #4988

• Bernard Asher
  • Bernard Asher's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
It sounds logical to hide components in the Components list in the IDE (Ctrl-Alt-P) if they're not visible in the Component Palette.

However, if there's a possibility to selectively set the visibility of components from the Component Palette (very nice touch in the Education package), they become unsearchable too if they're not listed in the Components list.

For instance, if you're interested in a component that has to do with FTP, you can enter "ftp" in the search box of the Components list, to find 7 occurrences. Among them the lNet package, that you had made invisible in the Component Palette because you had no use for it then. You can then decide to make the lNet tab visible again or you can use components from the lNet package, even if they're not visible.

Because these invisible components are not listed, they don't appear in the Inheritance tab either. Which is an omission, because it can make the list incorrect.

For all these reasons, the original implementation of the Components list in the Lazarus IDE did not check the visibility of components.

I kindly request to restore this aspect of Components list to its original behavior.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Invisible comp's should be listed in Components 10 years 3 months ago #5010

• Bernard Asher
  • Bernard Asher's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Rather then complaining to you Serge, I've made a new version of ComponentList that does exactly the right thing for me with visible/invisible components:

File Attachment:

File Name: ComponentList.zip
File Size:12 KB

To make room, I have changed the Expand/Collapse buttons into a state button with changing Glyph. Then I added a Show/Hide invisible components button which defaults to hide invisible components to preserve the module's original functioning.

When showing invisible components / pages they are drawn in a dimmed fashion.

There was a small bug in the original ComponentList: the procedure FindAllLazarusComponents was called to soon (in the OnCreate of the form): it would not find invisible components if another IDE package made them invisible.

All changes are marked with "// BA" at the end of the lines.

WishList: Use the Palette page also to make components and/or whole pages visible or invisible. That can be done now, since also invisible components can be shown.

Hope you like it B)

Last edit: by Bernard Asher.

Invisible comp's should be listed in Components 10 years 3 months ago #5011

• Sternas Stefanos
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D
  • Thank you received: 1101
Thanks Sir
we will try and report
PilotLogic Architect and Core Programmer

• Page: