Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General discussions, feature requests for CodeTyphon Project and discussions that don't fit in any of the other specific CodeTyphon forum categories.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

REQUEST: Package Manager 11 years 2 weeks ago #3630

• Stephen
  • Stephen's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 3
I'd like to see in upcoming version some form of package manager similar to what's in fpcup (bitbucket.org/reiniero/fpcup), where I can add my own packages (outside of code typhon) and when run will check with the repository and get latest version, whether that is via SVN, mercurial or GIT. so when I rebuild/reinstall code typhon from the console I don't have to re-install all my packages, I think this is THE most frustrating thing I'm finding using code typhon as my development IDE.

Is the source for the Code Typhon console available? as I'd like to start trying to implement this functionality if it's going to be sometime on the todo list.

Thanks,

Stephen...
The following user(s) said Thank You: avra

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

REQUEST: Package Manager 11 years 2 weeks ago #3631

• gulyone
  • Thank you received: 5
hello ,

I tried pcup (windows 7 64bits service pack 1 + Trend Micro internet security titatium )

and my antivirus wich is one of the 5 best actually warned me a lot , so i gave up and prefer damn much CodeTyphon.

I then installed it into an Ubuntux Linux emulation with Virtualbox

and i recommand all around me to my friends and professional coders on forum in my country to install the Great Cool Sweet CT , that has no problem with viruses nor firewalls :) don't use fpcup ! it does not sound safe !

However , yes , i agree with you on that point if possible =

I wish -if it is possible- a Tab (called for example MyIDE packages, on the side of BigIDE packages Tab)on CT Windows with checkboxes to choose groups of packages or packages to install in a more flexible way.

TY , My Respects and Regards
The following user(s) said Thank You: Stephen

Last edit: by gulyone.

REQUEST: Package Manager 11 years 1 week ago #3687

• avra
  • Visitor
  • Visitor

gulyone wrote: don't use fpcup ! it does not sound safe !

If you don't believe the author then you can build it from source. Lazarus executables are like Delphi ones flaged as false positives simply because of some recognized binary patterns found in viruses. It just tells you that viruses built with FPC exist. One of the best ways to really check for false positive is to upload file to www.virustotal.com and check it online with multiple anti viruses. Then you should report a false positive to your antivirus vendor, instead of promoting against such an excellent tool which is the only way for me to have SVN, latest stable, some old Lazarus, and Lazarus CT on the same PC without using VM.

Following your logic maybe we should also say "Don't use CodeTyphon! It doesn't sound safe" - since Lazarus executable itself was flagged as a virus? To see what I mean just check these threads: www.pilotlogic.com/sitejoom/index.php/fo...virus-in-lazarus-exe and www.pilotlogic.com/sitejoom/index.php/fo...-windows-7-prof#3668

Last edit: by avra.
  • Page: