× General discussions, feature requests for CodeTyphon Project and discussions that don't fit in any of the other specific CodeTyphon forum categories.

Question CodeTyphon 4.00 GEN IV

More
7 years 7 months ago #3189 by Arioch
Replied by Arioch on topic CodeTyphon 4.00 GEN IV
We are happy too!

Well, it perhaps would be a lost weekend now, but thatnk you for great package!

I truly hope 1st digit flip was worth it!
Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Sternas Stefanos
  • Sternas Stefanos's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D
More
7 years 7 months ago #3190 by Sternas Stefanos
Replied by Sternas Stefanos on topic CodeTyphon 4.00 GEN IV
Thanks Sir

PilotLogic Architect and Core Programmer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #3192 by opc0de
Replied by opc0de on topic CodeTyphon 4.00 GEN IV
Congratulations! CT rocks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #3198 by azrael11
Replied by azrael11 on topic CodeTyphon 4.00 GEN IV
Γείας σας παιδιά ...
Τα καινούρια χαρακτηριστικά που διάβασα στο change long είναι εντυπωσιακά...
Μπράβο για την καταπληκτική δουλειά σας...

Πήγα να κατεβάσω την τελευταία έκδοση και στο downloads page έχει ακόμη την 3.10...

Ευχαριστώ πολύ...

Free minds... with focus in future...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Sternas Stefanos
  • Sternas Stefanos's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D
More
7 years 7 months ago #3199 by Sternas Stefanos
Replied by Sternas Stefanos on topic CodeTyphon 4.00 GEN IV
You can download now, CT ver 4.00
from our Server link

PilotLogic Architect and Core Programmer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #3201 by azrael11
Replied by azrael11 on topic CodeTyphon 4.00 GEN IV
Thank you very much...

Free minds... with focus in future...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Sternas Stefanos
  • Sternas Stefanos's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D
More
7 years 7 months ago #3202 by Sternas Stefanos
Replied by Sternas Stefanos on topic CodeTyphon 4.00 GEN IV
Please Sir
don't forget your first report :)

PilotLogic Architect and Core Programmer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #3203 by azrael11
Replied by azrael11 on topic CodeTyphon 4.00 GEN IV

sternas wrote: Please Sir
don't forget your first report :)


All OK...
Install
1> WindowsXP SP3 32Bit Build OK
2> Linux MINT latest 32Bit Build OK

Perfect...

Ολα καλά πήγανε και νομίζω η εγκατάσταση έγινε πιο γρήγορα από την προηγούμενη φορά....

Περιμένω με αγωνία την έκδοση για MACOSX..

Thank you...

Free minds... with focus in future...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #3204 by Helder R. C.
Replied by Helder R. C. on topic CodeTyphon 4.00 GEN IV
Thank you PilotLogic! :laugh:
Mr. Sternas, what about 7zip compression to reduce download file? I did read about this here... this is a discarded idea?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #3205 by ExDatis
Replied by ExDatis on topic CodeTyphon 4.00 GEN IV
Excellent work(CT4)! Thank you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Sternas Stefanos
  • Sternas Stefanos's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #3206 by Sternas Stefanos
Replied by Sternas Stefanos on topic CodeTyphon 4.00 GEN IV

hrayon wrote: Thank you PilotLogic! :laugh:
Mr. Sternas, what about 7zip compression to reduce download file? I did read about this here... this is a discarded idea?


No Sir
the only zip compression file is the install file CodeTyphonIns.zip,
for OS compatibility reason

Ver 4.0 has for all files 7zip compression
but has and a lot of new things (like GCC 32/64 bin and sources)

With zip compression CT ver 4.0 has 1.2 Gbytes install file (CodeTyphonIns.zip)

but don't worry CT has now "rolling installation".

PilotLogic Architect and Core Programmer
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Sternas Stefanos.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #3207 by azrael11
Replied by azrael11 on topic CodeTyphon 4.00 GEN IV
Try to open the "multilang" example from ORCA 2D and the lazarus is stuck...

This is the only example from ORCA that is stuck... any ideas...

Thank you...

Free minds... with focus in future...

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #3208 by engerex engerex
Replied by engerex engerex on topic CodeTyphon 4.00 GEN IV
Windows XP SP3 >>>
'\binCenter\i386-win32-win32\win32\' CodeTyphon.exe not found

existing file= C:\codetyphon\binCenter\i386-win32-win32\CodeTyphon.exe

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Sternas Stefanos
  • Sternas Stefanos's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D
More
7 years 7 months ago #3209 by Sternas Stefanos
Replied by Sternas Stefanos on topic CodeTyphon 4.00 GEN IV
Please remove ALL links and files from old CT
and then install the new version 4.0

The new ver 4.0 CT has CTCenter for win32 to:

C:\codetyphon\binCenter\i386-win32-win32\CodeTyphon.exe

PilotLogic Architect and Core Programmer
The following user(s) said Thank You: Arioch

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #3210 by Arioch
Replied by Arioch on topic CodeTyphon 4.00 GEN IV
About traffic and server load - dunno how much downloaders u have, but maybe it could worth to use P2P acceleration ? make your server just one of the file sources in G2 or BitTorrent cloud

---

About compression.
One one hand, thanks to p7zip.sf.net, 7-zip compression is x-platform today. OTOH i think that ZIP generally works good enough on text files. Yes, PPMD codec is still better, but zip is good enough. I think the problem is discrete files storage in ZIPs than makes zip codec discard its experience on every file boundary. 7-zip/RAR could win much due to solid archive mode.

But i also think if CT distribution be solidified by TAR - separating different kinds of files (binary for different platforms, pas/pp source, lfm sources) into separate TAR streams - and then compressing those homogenic TARs with BZ2 or that very ZIP (to keep it in one file for download), my blind guess is that results would be pretty close to ones of 7-zip

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #3211 by Arioch
Replied by Arioch on topic CodeTyphon 4.00 GEN IV
My c: is SSD hence it is relatively small and it is wearing out. I use default C:\CodeTyphon path for installation (to make compilation fast, including rebuilding of IDE) but i unpack distro into n:\CodeTyphonIns\

As i start it and selected update - updaters fails with some error like some binary compiler not found (i know it sounds silly, i should have recorded it, but...

Then on the second run it went okay until the menu if i want to start center or to rebuild FPC and/or LAzarus
After i selected "1" bat file quit with "1 is bad command or fie name" diagnostics.

Then it quit with

Не удается найти файл binCenter\x86_64-win64\win32\CodeTyphon.exe.


Correct path would be c:\codetyphon\binCenter\x86_64-win64-win32\CodeTyphon.exe

PS: why not making few changes to install.bat to be able to install form any folder to any other ?
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Arioch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Sternas Stefanos
  • Sternas Stefanos's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #3212 by Sternas Stefanos
Replied by Sternas Stefanos on topic CodeTyphon 4.00 GEN IV

Arioch wrote: My c: is SSD hence it is relatively small and it is wearing out. I use default C:\CodeTyphon path for installation (to make compilation fast, including rebuilding of IDE) but i unpack distro into n:\CodeTyphonIns\

As i start it and selected update - updaters fails with some error like some binary compiler not found (i know it sounds silly, i should have recorded it, but...

Then on the second run it went okay until the menu if i want to start center or to rebuild FPC and/or LAzarus
After i selected "1" bat file quit with "1 is bad command or fie name" diagnostics.

Then it quit with

Не удается найти файл binCenter\x86_64-win64\win32\CodeTyphon.exe.


Correct path would be c:\codetyphon\binCenter\x86_64-win64-win32\CodeTyphon.exe

PS: why not making few changes to install.bat to be able to install form any folder to any other ?


Please Sir
remove CT old desk links manual
and reinstall CT ver 4.00

PilotLogic Architect and Core Programmer
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Sternas Stefanos.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #3213 by Arioch
Replied by Arioch on topic CodeTyphon 4.00 GEN IV

sternas wrote: remove CT old desk links manual


what ?

i run it from command prompt (from console). Desktop shortcuts do not have to deal with it.

And anyway, whatever i have on my desktop cannot matter after i started correct install.bat from unpacked distro

----

Also - please compare the paths - you made typo in win64 center path in your bat file

----

Now i made build Lazarus Win64 in the Center - there were few erros in the log, maybe i'd be able to find it. Would it be better reporting them here or in separate thread ?
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Arioch.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

  • Sternas Stefanos
  • Sternas Stefanos's Avatar Topic Author
  • Away
  • Moderator
  • Moderator
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D
More
7 years 7 months ago - 7 years 7 months ago #3214 by Sternas Stefanos
Replied by Sternas Stefanos on topic CodeTyphon 4.00 GEN IV

Arioch wrote: About traffic and server load - dunno how much downloaders u have, but maybe it could worth to use P2P acceleration ? make your server just one of the file sources in G2 or BitTorrent cloud

---

About compression.
One one hand, thanks to p7zip.sf.net, 7-zip compression is x-platform today. OTOH i think that ZIP generally works good enough on text files. Yes, PPMD codec is still better, but zip is good enough. I think the problem is discrete files storage in ZIPs than makes zip codec discard its experience on every file boundary. 7-zip/RAR could win much due to solid archive mode.

But i also think if CT distribution be solidified by TAR - separating different kinds of files (binary for different platforms, pas/pp source, lfm sources) into separate TAR streams - and then compressing those homogenic TARs with BZ2 or that very ZIP (to keep it in one file for download), my blind guess is that results would be pretty close to ones of 7-zip


Sir
we test all compression Application/methods
but 7zip has the best completion ration for
the final CT installation file (about 50% smaller total size from zip)

and it's real multi-OS without problems.

Some of compression Application/methods out there
are true "Software zombies"

The programmer's question is simple:
"Practical, can I use the same TAR or BZ2 (or any other type) compressed file
to All CT host Layers, windows, Linux, FreeBSD, Solaris etc ?"

Our lab test say: Only with zip and 7Zip

PilotLogic Architect and Core Programmer
Last edit: 7 years 7 months ago by Sternas Stefanos.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
7 years 7 months ago #3215 by engerex engerex
Replied by engerex engerex on topic CodeTyphon 4.00 GEN IV

sternas wrote: Please remove ALL links and files from old CT
and then install the new version 4.0

The new ver 4.0 CT has CTCenter for win32 to:

C:\codetyphon\binCenter\i386-win32-win32\CodeTyphon.exe


I found the problem.
Setup.bat > line 157

_____________________________________________________________
rem @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@ Run CodeTyphon @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@
:GO_1


START binCenter\%varzipdir%\win32\CodeTyphon.exe

GOTO GO_END
_____________________________________________________________

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.