Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General discussions, feature requests for CodeTyphon Project and discussions that don't fit in any of the other specific CodeTyphon forum categories.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Suggestion to improve productivity with CT 11 years 9 months ago #2287

• avra
  • avra's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
CT brings tons of components, and since component development needs many IDE recompilations in a single day my productivity rapidly drops compared to Delphi so I have to kill component packs I don't need to improve this situation. Unfortunately, I have to repeat this with each CT upgrade over and over again and it's frustrating, very time consuming, annoying to maintain these lists manually and use them on each upgrade, and makes me look back to Delphi more then I would like to. Maybe there should be some tool that could export a file with lists of THESE_CT_COMPONENTS_SHOULD_NEVER_INSTALL_IN_CT and THESE_CT_COMPONENTS_SHOULD_BE_ALWAYS_INSTALLED and THESE_CUSTOM_COMPONENTS_SHOULD_BE_ALSO_INSTALLED. It could also export IDE settings (I know this one already exists). Then I copy these exported files to some empty dir in my new CT installation dir, and CT installation automates the whole process. That would really be a much appreciated added value of CT to Lazarus (as almost everything else CT team did is already).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by avra.

Suggestion to improve productivity with CT 11 years 9 months ago #2288

• Miquel Matas
  • Thank you received: 10
Good idea, avra.

Suggestion to improve productivity with CT 11 years 9 months ago #2289

• Aleksandar
  • Thank you received: 31
Hmm...

I have an idea.

In codetyphon/bin/settings folder are some folders with settings for different platforms.

You can try to open miscellaneousoptions.xml for your platform and to customize StaticAutoInstallPackages section in the way you want.

For example
/usr/lib/codetyphon/bin/settings/linux64/slazarus/miscellaneousoptions.xml

or
/usr/lib/codetyphon/bin/settings/win64/slazarus/miscellaneousoptions.xml

I never tried, but I think it would work.

If that works, you can make such tool yourself, and you can do it fast (since it only have to change that section for your platform (or alternatively all platforms). :)

• Page: