Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General discussions, feature requests for CodeTyphon Project and discussions that don't fit in any of the other specific CodeTyphon forum categories.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

CodeTyphon tips & tricks 12 years 3 months ago #1520

• Konstantinos Papadoulas
  • Konstantinos Papadoulas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 19
Strip IDE
After each new CT Installation the produced Lazarus ide is quite big. Maybe 400Mb+. That size can be reduced dramatically by using the CT Center's Strip command.
From the MENU "Lazarus" select the "Lazarus IDE Strip".

Quick Folder Navigation
CT Installation has many folders. If a user needs to navigate to a folder, instead of opening the file browse application (e.g. Windows Explorer) and clicking all the way through the folder hierarchy, he can do it directly from CT Center.
From the TAB "Folders" click on an path item (right column) and a new file browse window will show with the contents of the selected path.
The same applies for the Tabs "Packages" and "Libraries".
The following user(s) said Thank You: Miquel Matas, harsono

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Konstantinos Papadoulas.

Build Configuration 12 years 3 months ago #1565

• Konstantinos Papadoulas
  • Konstantinos Papadoulas's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 19
Lazarus IDE, like all professional IDE's, has the ability of storing different Build Configurations per project. Like Debug or Release or whatever else.
From the "Project" menu select "Project Options ...". On the TreeView (Left side) select "Build Modes". There should be (normally) the "Default" build mode.
In order to make a new one click the "+" icon on the top. A new Build Mode named "Default1" is created AND activated. To change the name of the mode just
click on it's name and write the new one. The next step is to change the build options by selecting the appropriate nodes on the TreeView and change their
values. Once the Build modes have been setup a NEW button will appear in the Main Lazarus Toolbar on the left side of the Compile icon. From there the user
can change quickly between Build Modes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jose Torres, Miquel Matas, Manos S. Pappas, harsono

CodeTyphon tips & tricks 10 years 6 months ago #4652

• Hermes Macedo
  • Thank you received: 0
ello, I'm starting with lazarus and found in a large extent pro codetyphon lazarus.

But now I was in doubt.

Codetyphon will not work with lazarus?

it is not a component of lazarus?

CodeTyphon tips & tricks 10 years 6 months ago #4673

• 4aiman
  • Comix creator
  • Thank you received: 12
It will. But only while you're not using ANY of the pl_* packages as well as ANY that are absent in the Lazarus.
But if you don't use those, then why use Typhon? On the other hand, there are times when I need to compile smth while beeing away from any CT installation. In those cases Cameyo-wrapped CT helps me alot. (Latest build, made under Win7 perfectly works under XP & Vista too)

Or have I misread your post? :blush:
コンソールマニアック

Last edit: by 4aiman.

CodeTyphon tips & tricks 10 years 6 months ago #4683

• Rain
  • Thank you received: 8
hehe :) using Typhon for console apps - what a waste.
But I can copy the source to Raspberry and re-compile it there with standard Lazarus, receiving an ARMHF ELF file. (ARM HardFloat is hard to crosscompile, at least for me).

So: Typhon and Lazarus are compatible to some extent.

• Page: