Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General discussions, feature requests for CodeTyphon Project and discussions that don't fit in any of the other specific CodeTyphon forum categories.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

IDE View 12 years 3 months ago #1508

• Rigelov
  • Rigelov's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
Please tell me how can I switch to standard Lazarus IDE's view (with buttons on the left of components). It is easier when working with Delphi7 and Lazarus. FPC maintains compatibility with Delphi7. Also Lazarus. Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Re: IDE View 12 years 3 months ago #1509

• Konstantinos Papadoulas
  • Thank you received: 19
As far as i know you cannot switch the IDE view to look like Delphi 7. You can though hide the ToolBar and the MenuBar.
To do so go to the menu "View" and Enable / Disable the items "Component Palette" and "IDE Speed Buttons".

Please allow me to express my personal view/opinion:
I will agree with you that a DYNAMIC arrangement of controls in the Lazarus IDE it is not possible and a user cannot arrange it in
a way he/she wants.
BUT, the CodeTyphon project has taken the Lazarus IDE to a totally new level. I personally like the way the controls are arranged
by having the Speed buttons all in one row and the Component Palette in one row too. This is how all modern IDE's are working. Take
Delphi itself for example. From Delphi 8 and upwards ALL the IDE's have totally different arrangement than the Delphi 7 IDE (even sometimes
worse).
Off course this is only my PERSONAL OPINION and that's all. :)

Kostas

Re: IDE View 12 years 3 months ago #1524

• Rigelov
  • Rigelov's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 2
IDE view look like Delphi 7 now in Lazarus. I do not know why CT Team have changed it and did not include the opportunity to return to the original view. They had written that will include such a possibility, but not when. That's why I ask. FPC and Lazarus maintains compatibility view with Delphi7 (include IDE), so I think will be nice if IDE have this option. It is easier when working with Delphi7 and Lazarus.

From Delphi 8 there is different view, but CT view is different from them. Now programmers should be convened with 3 different IDE View. In original view there is set of buttons which are functionnaly aranged in the best way. For me now is difficult to find nessesery for me button.

Off course this is only my PERSONAL OPINION and that's all.

• Page: