Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
CodeTyphon Cross-Build Development, discussions and problems
  • Page:

TOPIC:

cross-compiling target platform arm-v7/Linux with a library 3 years 11 months ago #14627

• Vbxler
  • Vbxler's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 4
Hello!

I have the following problem:
Development of an application for target platform arm-v7/Linux.
I want to develop it on my notebook with x84_64/Linux.
This basically works until a libxyz.so is used. I have this library for arm/Linux and x86_64/Linux
and can also compile the application on the notebook with x86_64/Linux and it works.
The library is placed under /usr/lib/.

But when I start cross-compiling for arm/Linux I get the message: Error: /usr/lib//libxyz.so: file not recognized: File format not recognized.
Is there a way that I can compile on the notebook for arm-V7 / Linux and then transfer the application to the target platform.
The target platform does not have enough resources to install CT.

Thank you for your help!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

cross-compiling target platform arm-v7/Linux with a library 3 years 11 months ago #14628

• Sternas Stefanos
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D
  • Thank you received: 1100
Thanks Sir
Error: /usr/lib//libxyz.so: file not recognized: File format not recognized.
tell to you that libxyz.so library in you x86_64/Linux HostOS is NOT the correct, for your TargetOS arm-v7/Linux.
You must provide to your project the arm-v7/Linux version of libxyz.so library.

Go to your Target OS.
-Find the library you want, NOT the link (libxyz.so) but the real library (libxyz.so.xx).
-Copy the real library (libxyz.so.xx) in to your x86_64/Linux HostOS, to a folder ( for sample codetyphon/binLibraries/mylib/)
-Rename (in your x86_64/Linux HostOS) arm-v7/Linux ver of the real library (libxyz.so.xx) to libxyz.so.

-Add to your project "libraries", the folder of new arm-v7/Linux version of libxyz.so library ( for sample codetyphon/binLibraries/mylib/)

PilotLogic Architect and Core Programmer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Sternas Stefanos.
  • Page: