CodeTyphon Cross-Build Development, discussions and problems
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Seems to be SOLVED: CT 5.3 ARM 8 years 8 months ago #7672

• Juanjo
  • Juanjo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hello:

Sorry but I'm having problems with crosscompilong forr ARM or Cubieboard.

In last releases of CT4.1, i modified the scripts to allow compiling for EABI5 with vector floating point and this worked for me.

When i try to link with the integrated corsscompiling of CT5.3 seems there is not so easy.

Here are the steps for Debian-64:

1- Downloaded toolchain for cubieboard.
2- Crossbuild elements for cubieboard
3- Downloaded libraries for arm-eabi5-hf
4- Project configured for Linux, ARM, ARMV7-ARMV7A (depends of fpc version)

CT fails en the link phase
Compilar proyecto, CPU: arm, Objetivo: psimple: Código de salida 256, Errores: 1
/usr/lib/codetyphon/fpc/fpc64/bin/x86_64-linux/arm-linux-ld: warning: link.res contains output sections; did you forget -T?
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.6/crtbegin.o: file not recognized: File format not recognized
psimple.lpr(12,42) Error: Error while linking

In the log CT is trying to use /usr/lib/codetyphon/fpc/fpc64/bin/x86_64-linux/arm-linux-ld instead of /usr/lib/codetyphon/binToolchains/lin64-arm-linux--Cubieboard, but I don't know if that is the reason. Crtbegin.o is a warning because this file is not for ARM but for X64., I think that this file is no needed, but I will try to get this file from another computer.

Best regards

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Juanjo.

Seems to be SOLVED: CT 5.3 ARM 8 years 8 months ago #7673

• Juanjo
  • Juanjo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1

halmariane wrote: Hello:

Sorry but I'm having problems with crosscompilong forr ARM or Cubieboard.

In last releases of CT4.1, i modified the scripts to allow compiling for EABI5 with vector floating point and this worked for me.

When i try to link with the integrated corsscompiling of CT5.3 seems there is not so easy.

Here are the steps for Debian-64:

1- Downloaded toolchain for cubieboard.
2- Crossbuild elements for cubieboard
3- Downloaded libraries for arm-eabi5-hf
4- Project configured for Linux, ARM, ARMV7-ARMV7A (depends of fpc version)

CT fails en the link phase

Compilar proyecto, CPU: arm, Objetivo: psimple: Código de salida 256, Errores: 1
/usr/lib/codetyphon/fpc/fpc64/bin/x86_64-linux/arm-linux-ld: warning: link.res contains output sections; did you forget -T?
/usr/lib/gcc/x86_64-linux-gnu/4.6/crtbegin.o: file not recognized: File format not recognized
psimple.lpr(12,42) Error: Error while linking

In the log CT is trying to use /usr/lib/codetyphon/fpc/fpc64/bin/x86_64-linux/arm-linux-ld instead of /usr/lib/codetyphon/binToolchains/lin64-arm-linux--Cubieboard, but I don't know if that is the reason. Crtbegin.o is a warning because this file is not for ARM but for X64., I think that this file is no needed, but I will try to get this file from another computer.

Best regards

Ok:

In fact, the files crtbegin.o was needed. I'ts some rare because in other projects i had the same warning but the linking was success.

Anyway I got these libraries as part of GCC, but for EABI-HF.

I will now test the proyect on Cubieboard.

Thank you for your help

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Juanjo.
  • Page: