Username: Password: Remember me
CodeTyphon Cross-Build Development, discussions and problems
  • Page:

TOPIC:

[Solved] How to deploy my app 9 years 2 months ago #6697

• Reiner
  • Reiner's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I will preface this with saying that I'm a long time Windows Delphi developer, part time Lazarus dabbler and I try CodeTyphon every now and then because it has most components installed because installing in Lazarus is a pain. I've also used Linux only in an emulator and never used an Android device. My development environment here is Win7/64 and my emulator is AVD from the Android SDK (Tools).

I just spent most of the day setting up for cross-build to Android. I've following the instructions in cross-build-for-android , which was easy enough to follow (except for the LCLWidgetType part, which has changed because of a GUI change but I found it eventually). So I've gone to the end and have my "project1" file - now what? If I put it on my web server and download it from an android device it changes the name to "project1.bin" and sits there being stupid. I eventually transferred it to the AVD (Android Virtual Device) but it is just there as a file. How do you actually run it?

I saw the message from 1dartman who basically has the same problem. I need to somehow convert it to a package (APK) file, but going by the reply, that can't be done with CodeTyphon. So how do you test the app? The line at the bottom of the wiki that says "Copy your application to Android Emulator or in your android device... for test" is too vague for me (I realize it would be different for each emulator but not necessarily for an actual android device).

At this stage it looks like I'm going to be installing laztoapk tomorrow (as that does generate APK files) - but it looks like I'm going to have to download and install a whole bunch of environment stuff again (and then have a development environment specifically for Android only).

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Reiner.

How to deploy my app 9 years 2 months ago #6698

• sam
  • Thank you received: 2
Hi,
congratulation have made it to the final binary!

You could try my app called "laztoapk" which does exactly what you need.
Please follow exactly the instructions of the pdf-manual!!!

laztoapk from sourceforge

Last edit: by sam.

How to deploy my app 9 years 2 months ago #6708

• Reiner
Thanks sam. I spent some additional time and I think I eventually got laztoapk working properly (it can't handle leading numbers in the project directory name because of the way it autogenerates the library project).

Unfortunately there is something wrong with my Java installation, so I think I am stuffed. I get the following during build_debug_apk... I'll try to reinstall Java as a next step.
Error: Could not find or load main class sun.security.tools.jarsigner.Main

How to deploy my app 9 years 2 months ago #6709

• Reiner
ok, finally got that to work

But it installed the laztoapk demo so nothing to do with the project I made in CodeTyphon, so nothing to do with CodeTyphon so what is the cross-build feature even there for if it can't be used. I guess this conversation here is over as it is no longer relevant to CodeTyphon and I should find a different forum if I still have problems (presumably the Lazarus forums).

• Page: