CodeTyphon Cross-Build Development, discussions and problems
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Building for ARM hardfloat (EABI) 10 years 2 weeks ago #5379

• Alfred
  • Alfred's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 5
Hello to all,

I am using CT4.8 to crosscompile from Win8.1 to ARM.
My BeagleBone Black and Raspberry Pi are running Arch Linux hardfloat (eabi).

Here the trouble begins: hardfloat.

To be able to compile for hardfloat, some changes have to be made to the x_FPC_Build_Cross.bat script:
1x OPT="-dFPC_ARMHF" inside Stage 1
3x OPT="-dFPC_ARMHF -CpARMV6K" inside Stage 2 for Pi, or 3x OPT="-dFPC_ARMHF -CpARMV7A" inside Stage 2 for BBB.

Beside, you need to use a Toolchain that can do hardfloat.
As far as I know, there are 2 public available chains for Win(32) -> ARMHF (eabi):
CrossFPC_binutils_libs.7z
gcc-linaro-arm-linux-gnueabihf-4.8-2013.10_win32.zip
CT itself cannot generate hardfloat (as far as I know ... I tried in many ways ... and did not succeed). Hardfloat needs a hardfloat capable GCC to compile a hardfloat toolchain. The GCC included with CT only knows softflloat (again, as far as I know .. please correct me if I am wrong).

With one of these toolchains, you can compile an ARM crosscompiler and the necessary units.
I am using the latter (Linaro).

To be able to use this toolchain, the binaries must be placed inside binToolchains, inside win32-arm-linux--eabi5.
You only need the linker(s) and the assembler.
They must be named : "arm-linux-as.exe" and "arm-linux-ld.exe"

If everything went well, you can now compile the crosscompiler, the units and your application.

However, when compiling for Pi, the application-binary is tagged for CPU V7 by readelf utility. But it runs flawless. How is this possible ?

I would like to know if anyone succeeded in generating a hardfloat toolchain with CT.
Or, in general, is there an easier way to compile for hardfloat Linux ARM distrubutions ?

Many thanks, Alfred.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: