Username: Password: Remember me
CodeTyphon Cross-Build Development, discussions and problems
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Cross building from Windows to Arm Linux 10 years 9 months ago #4170

• Steve Loft
  • Steve Loft's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
I have a project which builds and runs on Windows, and I'd like to build an Arm Linux version (for Raspberry Pi). In Code Typhon Center, I have selected CrossBuild - FreePascal 32 bits - FPC32 build cross element arm-linux. When that's finished, I expected to see a new entry in the Status, but I do not. If I launch the IDE and change my project options to Target OS = Linux, Target CPU family = arm, and try to build, I get an error "fcllaz.pas(0,0) Fatal: Can not find unit system used by fcllaz of package FCL.".

Could someone please tell me what I am doing wrong, and what I need to do to cross build for Arm Linux?

Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Cross building from Windows to Arm Linux 10 years 9 months ago #4174

• sam
  • Thank you received: 2
good luck.

I try to build for arm android now for several months but it does not work.

Cross building from Windows to Arm Linux 10 years 9 months ago #4175

• Steve Loft
It looks like the problem was my fault; I had Lazarus/FPC installed before I installed CodeTyphon. I removed everything and reinstalled CodeTyphon, and I can now start building my project. I now have a few cross-platform issues to sort out in my code, so haven't successfully built yet.

Steve

Cross building from Windows to Arm Linux 10 years 9 months ago #4176

• Steve Loft
I now get an error that the libraries have EABI version 5, but my project has EABI version 0. How do I get CT to build my project with EABI version 5?

Steve

Cross building from Windows to Arm Linux 10 years 8 months ago #4216

• Steve Loft
I've given up on trying to cross-compile with Code Typhon and I'm using Lazarus to build directly on the platform; it's working really well.

Steve

Cross building from Windows to Arm Linux 10 years 8 months ago #4286

• kenlee
  • Thank you received: 4
Hi Steve,

Did you successfully install CT or Lazarus directly on an Arm Linux system? I first tried to cross-compile from Windows to Arm Linux but in vain. I then tried installing CT or Lazarus directly on the Arm Linux system that I have (shop.seco.com/gpudevkit/gpudevkit-detail.html).

On my Arm Linux machine, installing the system libraries with CodeTyphonIns was successful, but the installation of CT itself wasn't. Specifically, the installer complains about some files with "i386-linux" in their path strings not being found. I believe the Linux part of CodeTyphonIns.zip installer was made for i386 only and not Arm.

I then tried Lazarus. The names of their Linux packages (sourceforge.net/projects/lazarus/files/?source=navbar) all suggest they only install on Intel's platforms.

It would be great if you can share your experience on getting CT or Lazarus installed directly on an Arm Linux machine.

Last edit: by kenlee.
  • Page: