CodeTyphon Cross-Build Development, discussions and problems
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Target is Arm-Linux, EABI=5, Building from Windows 12 years 6 months ago #1344

• Philcuk
  • Philcuk's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 1
Hi,

Im trying really hard to get CodeTyphon/FPC/Lazarus working with an ARM Cortex-A8, running Linux, and im compiling from Windows. Iv tried to do a manual build of FPC on windows but hit endless problems, mostly because of the meabi flag being 0 by default, and it needs to be set to 5. I have FPC working on a linux i386 compiling to the ARM linux device, (following the instructions for from wiki.lazarus.freepascal.org/Setup_Cross_Compile_For_ARM but id rather compile from windows, this tutorial does not say hwo to, and as CodeTyphon appears to have compatible makefiles, however i am having that problem where it can't build with 'The system cannot find the path specified. Could Not Find c:\pp\utils\*.exe', mentioned in earlier posts.
Thats one problem, and theres the EABI must be 5 problem aswell.

Can any one help with these two problems?

Thanks alot!

Phil.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Philcuk.

Re: Target is Arm-Linux, EABI=5, Building from Windows 12 years 2 months ago #1724

• acoliveira
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Sorry for my poor english!

Use this wrapper for include parameters in Arm-Linux-As, but cpu Cortex-a8 is not support by original Arm-Linux-As file.

Project included, use .ini file for add or changing parameters.

best regards!

Re: Target is Arm-Linux, EABI=5, Building from Windows 12 years 2 months ago #1725

• Miquel Matas
  • Thank you received: 10
So Cortex A9 neither... ?

Re: Target is Arm-Linux, EABI=5, Building from Windows 12 years 2 months ago #1726

• acoliveira
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Problem is in Arm-Linux-As.exe (original file in CT) wich not support this option.
1-Step rename original file Arm-Linux-as.exe to Arm-linux-asA.exe
2-Step rename wrapper.exe to Arm-Linux-as.exe (this wrapper send additional parameters to Arm-linux-asA.exe, example -meabi=5, but cpu not support by Arm-linux-asA.exe

Target is Arm-Linux, EABI=5, Building from Windows 11 years 5 months ago #2819

• FredyCC
  • Database/Developer
  • Thank you received: 10
The wrapper seems to work, but now sends me these errors related to rtl.

Am I doing something wrong?, I've tried to compile the whole project :(
Opciones cambiadas, recompila limpiando con -B
c:\codetyphon\fpc\bin\i386-win32\arm-linux-ld.exe: ERROR: Source object C:\codetyphon\fpc\units\arm-linux\rtl\system.o has EABI version 0, but target project1 has EABI version 5
c:\codetyphon\fpc\bin\i386-win32\arm-linux-ld.exe: failed to merge target specific data of file C:\codetyphon\fpc\units\arm-linux\rtl\system.o
c:\codetyphon\fpc\bin\i386-win32\arm-linux-ld.exe: ERROR: Source object C:\codetyphon\fpc\units\arm-linux\rtl\lineinfo.o has EABI version 0, but target project1 has EABI version 5
c:\codetyphon\fpc\bin\i386-win32\arm-linux-ld.exe: failed to merge target specific data of file C:\codetyphon\fpc\units\arm-linux\rtl\lineinfo.o
c:\codetyphon\fpc\bin\i386-win32\arm-linux-ld.exe: ERROR: Source object C:\codetyphon\fpc\units\arm-linux\rtl\exeinfo.o has EABI version 0, but target project1 has EABI version 5
c:\codetyphon\fpc\bin\i386-win32\arm-linux-ld.exe: failed to merge target specific data of file C:\codetyphon\fpc\units\arm-linux\rtl\exeinfo.o
c:\codetyphon\fpc\bin\i386-win32\arm-linux-ld.exe: ERROR: Source object C:\codetyphon\fpc\units\arm-linux\rtl\strings.o has EABI version 0, but target project1 has EABI version 5
c:\codetyphon\fpc\bin\i386-win32\arm-linux-ld.exe: failed to merge target specific data of file C:\codetyphon\fpc\units\arm-linux\rtl\strings.o
c:\codetyphon\fpc\bin\i386-win32\arm-linux-ld.exe: ERROR: Source object C:\codetyphon\fpc\units\arm-linux\rtl\fpintres.o has EABI version 0, but target project1 has EABI version 5
c:\codetyphon\fpc\bin\i386-win32\arm-linux-ld.exe: failed to merge target specific data of file C:\codetyphon\fpc\units\arm-linux\rtl\fpintres.o
project1.lpr(22) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping

I appreciate your help

Thanks

Last edit: by FredyCC.

Target is Arm-Linux, EABI=5, Building from Windows 10 years 9 months ago #4348

• trazanet
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
do you resolve this???, i finally got the same error.

Last edit: by trazanet.

Target is Arm-Linux, EABI=5, Building from Windows 10 years 1 month ago #5295

• XANDR
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
And I a am too. There are any workaround ? (CT 4.7 Cross build from Win7 32 to linux-arm)

• Page: