Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
CodeTyphon Linux OS Development, discussions and problems
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Program quits with error - Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window 7 years 7 months ago #9872

• Graeme
  • Graeme's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi,
I have been using Delphi (at work) for some time now, but I wanted to have a Pascal package that I can use at home, and recently started using Code Typhon. I have noticed that if I go to the form view and try to copy and paste an existing component on a project I have converted from Delphi, Linux kicks up the error Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window. The safest option is to abort, else data corruption may occur. I thought this may have something to do with the conversion of a Delphi project to my Code Typhon, however even a brand new project in Code Typhon was found to do the same thing. It is more difficult to trigger, but it appears that if I hit F12 to go from form view to unit code view and back to form view again, then copy a component and finally click somewhere else in the form and click paste, I get this error. I was copying a Tlistbox, but in the Delphi converted program it fails everytime when copying a Ttimer component.

I am running Ubuntu version 16.04 with all updates on an up-to-date Intel I7 machine. It appears to be Code Typhon ver 5.8
A final note is that I can ignore the error, and click the exit cross in the top right hand corner, but then A) I don't trust anything in Code Typhon after that as something may be corrupted and B ) my component or object remains un-copied.

Any ideas on what is corrupted and how to fix this problem? I have posted a snapshot of the error I get here for you to see.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Graeme.

Program quits with error - Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window 7 years 7 months ago #9873

• Sternas Stefanos
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D
  • Thank you received: 1100
Thanks Sir

Please one question:
Your Linux Box has Ubuntu version 16.04 with Unity Desktop (QT based or "QT-Like")
and
CodeTyphon Typhon IDE build for GTK2 Platform ?
PilotLogic Architect and Core Programmer

Last edit: by Sternas Stefanos.

Program quits with error - Cannot focus a disabled or invisible window 7 years 7 months ago #9948

• Graeme
  • Graeme's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Hi Sternas,
thanks for the response. I had not seen this until now. Yes, I am running Ubuntu 16.04 and the standard CodeTyphon IDE x86_64-linux-gtk2. FPC Version 3.1.1 SVN Revision 52739

• Page: