Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
General discussions, feature requests for CodeTyphon Project and discussions that don't fit in any of the other specific CodeTyphon forum categories.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Newbie questin 3 years 8 months ago #14989

• Peter Mierlo
  • Peter Mierlo's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hi,

I'm new here and have a question regarding a possible solution. Normaly i use Delphi and uniGui for development but
because i need something for a Raspberry i was wondering is this is possibe.

I am looking for a solution for nfc scanning with a raspberry pi and an nfc reader. The nfc reader can be a connected usb reader or an nfc shield for the raspberry-pi.
We are now using this based on a Windows pc, win32 application and usb nfc-reader. I want to have some kind of stand-alone solution, see image, based on uniGui (if possible)

How does it work in a stand-alone situation:
  • all nfc tags are in 1 central database
  • guest comes and scans the nfc tag
  • application checks for validity and a few more things. When the nfc tag is valid, the guest can enter data is updated in central database

What do I want?:
  • all nfc tags are in 1 central database
  • a raspberry-pi with and nfc reader (we already have)
  • raspberry-pi gets a name, for example the name of the scan location such as room 1
  • nfc tag is read and checked for validity and when valid a lamp lights up (already working) data is updated in central database

Question:

Can this be done with CodeTyphon and will the application than run on the local device or central server?

We are still looking at how to set up the connection to the central server. At a festival, the server is located locally and a local network is set up.
Another option is based on 3 / 4G / LTE. This is because the network distances are sometimes greater than 100m on a festival site

Reading NFC tags is not a problem, this is the same as keyboard input.
Suggestions and ideas are welcome

Regards Peter

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Newbie questin 3 years 8 months ago #14990

• Sternas Stefanos
  • Away
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D
  • Thank you received: 1100
Thanks Sir
some questions
-Client/Collecting Data application is on Raspberry i 3 or 4 ?
-Server application/ Storing Data application OS ?

It's a large projects group
PilotLogic Architect and Core Programmer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Sternas Stefanos.
  • Page: