Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Ultra Web Server Elements discussions and problems.
  • Page:

TOPIC:

Issues on MySQL 8.0 5 years 2 months ago #13021

• Henry
  • Henry's Avatar Topic Author
  • Thank you received: 0
Hello.
During the usage of MySQL 8.0 Element, i found the following issues and a way to bypass them, at least until the development team include a proper solution.

Issue #1: when starting MySQL 8.0, an error message saying that file ssleay32.dll is missing.
Analysis: the file is not included in .7z file provided by developers, so it's needed to retrieve it from the original MySQL "noinstall" zip file
Solution: download the "Windows (x86, 64-bit), ZIP Archive" (currently v8.0.13) from dev.mysql.com/downloads/mysql/ and in zip file go to "\mysql-8.0.13-winx64\bin" folder and copy the missing ssleay32.dll file to the "UltraWebServer\core\mysql80\bin" folder

Issue #2: password change/reset for root@localhost fails from interface. the same applies also for user pma@localhost (needed in phpMyAdmin)
Analysis: MySQL 8.x has changed the user password change/reset procedure from previous v5.x
Solution: manual change of password ('root' by default) by creating a text file with the following SQL instructions:
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;
ALTER USER 'root'@'127.0.0.1' IDENTIFIED BY 'MyNewPassword';
ALTER USER 'pma'@'127.0.0.1' IDENTIFIED BY 'MyNewPassword';
and save it to any path with any name (i saved mine it to C:\\UltraWebServer\htpasswd\mysql\mysql8changepw.txt)

Then keep the MySQL in stopped state and open a command (DOS) window, then go to your UltraWebServer\core\mysql80\bin\folder and run the command:
mysqld --init-file=C:\\UltraWebServer\htpasswd\mysql\mysql8changepw.txt --console
This will read the SQL statements from previously saved text file and change the password for both users root@localhost and pma@localhost from "root" to "MyNewPassword", showing the execution results in the command (DOS) window.

Hope this help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Henry.

Issues on MySQL 8.0 5 years 2 months ago #13022

• Sternas Stefanos
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D
  • Thank you received: 1100
Thanks Sir

We fix Issue 1

We working on Issue 2

Again, your help is critical for us
PilotLogic Architect and Core Programmer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Page: