Welcome, Guest
Username: Password: Remember me
Components and Libraries for Graphics 3D Development, discussions, problems and suggestions
  • Page:

TOPIC:

I ported the Newton engine to trunk API v3.14 8 years 1 month ago #9203

• Ben Grasset
  • Ben Grasset's Avatar Topic Author
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
Two files are in the 7z archive I've attached here: "newton_base.inc" (which is a slightly modified/fixed version of Sascha Willems Newton 3.14 headers) and then "orca_scene3d_newton.inc", which is a fully "Orcafied" adaption of the original DXScene Newton physics engine that I've updated to use the latest trunk version of the Newton API (version 3.14). You just have to put both files in the "inc" directory, and then in orca_scene3d.pas, add {$I orca_scene3d_newton.inc} at the end of the big include list that happens near the end of the file (AFTER the platform canvas include). You'll also need to change "GVarD3DefaultPhysicsClass := TD3DummyPhysics" over to "GVarD3DefaultPhysicsClass := TD3NewtonPhysics", in the initialization.

Please note that I have only tested this on Windows, but it does work 100% perfectly for me. Used it with the "Breakout" demo and all the ball/bat physics behaviour was exactly as it should be, just like it was in the original DXScene version of the demo.

EDIT: I've attached the copy of "newton.dll" that I've been using (64-Bit, built with Visual Studio 2015), just to make things a bit more convenient. I can upload a 32-Bit build as well if anyone needs it. Also, if a non-windows-user could provide a ".dylib" or ".so" build of 3.14, that would be great, obviously.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Ben Grasset.

I ported the Newton engine to trunk API v3.14 8 years 1 month ago #9204

• Sternas Stefanos
  • Ex Pilot, M.Sc, Ph.D
  • Thank you received: 1101
Thanks Sir
My suggestion is to look and pl_Pappe or pl_ChipmunkPas native pascal CodeTyphon 3D Physics libraries.

Please, don't forget CodeTyphon is real Multi-CPU-OS-Platform Programming Studio,
so, we try to use as posible, native pascal libraries.
PilotLogic Architect and Core Programmer

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Last edit: by Sternas Stefanos.
  • Page: